You may notice a slight change...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D I love the holidays. . .

:nuke:

a bit of a ... premature explosion?

:D

I get that alot. . . a lot of show but not a lot of effect. . .

HMM That sounds bad doesn;t it. . . I better get back to MOF before I get warned . . .

Now that a real opt out option is available, no one has complained. If you ever find yourself again wanting to say, "so just shut it!" remember reading posts is an optional activity. Opting not to read another's posts is not rude.
No, but you know what is rude...complaining endlessly to SB mods when all they are trying to do is something nice for the Holidays. They create a post about the Holiday badges...probably expecting a "thanks" from everyone and what do they get? Boo Hoo I don't like Christmas, Boo Hoo this isn't PC, Boo Hoo I'm a grumpy old man...

No, but you know what is rude...complaining endlessly to SB mods when all they are trying to do is something nice for the Holidays. They create a post about the Holiday badges...probably expecting a "thanks" from everyone and what do they get? Boo Hoo I don't like Christmas, Boo Hoo this isn't PC, Boo Hoo I'm a grumpy old man...

Scubaboard is successful in spite of the changes, not because of the changes. Lots of people don't like changes of any sort, hanging geegaws on their posts evidently upsets them. It worked fine, don't mess with it is a good way to maintain the status quo. I get the feeling lately that scubaboard is focusing on becoming more of a marketing tool than a community and is trying changes. There have been lots of changes but it hasn't affected the content. The content is provided by the users of the board. The people on the board are what it's about. Anyone can get a copy of the software, this board has been built up over time with a lot of people making bonds, upsetting members with what someone thinks they want isn't a good idea. The members are the board, not the name, not the software.

Feliz Navidad y'all from south florida.

Those that don't like the bells and whistles can alway select the classic default. I don't even know if I have a badge.

Endlessly? You are funny, my dear. I pointed out a problem and Laurens fixed it. He's a pretty good guy, in case you missed it. After it was fixed, I thanked him.

Yes, they tried to do something nice, but didn't think of all the consequences. It was very nice for some, not so nice for others. I'm willing to bet management of Scubaboard would rather have problems brought to their attention and deal with them than to have members unhappy with things and suffer in silence or simply stop logging on.

I like Christmas, I don't like badges. I hate political correctness!!! I never cry because I'm an old man, it took lots of time and effort to get this far, I'm enjoying it. Sometimes I'm grumpy, but not often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom