You may notice a slight change...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, but you know what is rude...complaining endlessly to SB mods when all they are trying to do is something nice for the Holidays. They create a post about the Holiday badges...probably expecting a "thanks" from everyone and what do they get? Boo Hoo I don't like Christmas, Boo Hoo this isn't PC, Boo Hoo I'm a grumpy old man...

yeah ... that's a respectful argument

does anyone know how to argue without making personal attacks these days? i guess not

I'll go on record now that I don't want any badges of any kind, that's why in my user CP I checked the box beside:
No Badge
No Badge (For people who don't want any user badge under their names).
Seems pretty clear, but I guess it wasn't.
The theme set-up for 2008 will feature an opt-out for all themes that we'll be running next year. Not all of them will use custom badges but the default value for the opt-out will be taken from the No Badge usergroup.

i enjoyed the badges myself ... sorry it caused such grief

i am glad you are making adjustments to the program for next year instead of not bringing them back

i am glad you are making adjustments to the program for next year instead of not bringing them back
There have been some spirited discussions in the back room though.:rofl4:
Here's our current line-up for 2008:
  • Valentine's Day;
  • April Fools Day;
  • Talk Like A Pirate Day;
  • Halloween;
  • Holiday Season.
Some themes will be changed considerably, others will remain unchanged.

yeah ... that's a respectful argument

does anyone know how to argue without making personal attacks these days? i guess not

OH shut your DIR spewing mouth :wink:

I am very thankful and appreciative, but alas, you can't make everyone happy. Many thanks to the mods and designers. :D

The theme set-up for 2008 will feature an opt-out for all themes that we'll be running next year. Not all of them will use custom badges but the default value for the opt-out will be taken from the No Badge usergroup.

Why not make these things "opt-in"? Let users state positive input instead of "opt-out" negative input.

It takes fewer facial muscles to smile than to frown.

OH shut your DIR spewing mouth :wink:

oh yeah make me

and stop acting like a child

:D

Laurens,

Thank you for listening and being so responsive to our views.

My feeling is that the left side of posts show info unique to me - my avatar, my join date, where I'm located, etc... I want the badge on this side to also represent me. Something that I choose, not chosen for me.

For this reason I have opted for No Badge. That way I can see what the badge or badges are available and then choose what is right for me. Or choose to not have one at all.

I would like a holiday badge. Could you please make mine the lil' angel?

I hope to see you again the next time you come down to south Florida. We met in Ft. Lauderdale before the 2006 Keys Invasion.

MaryAnn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom