You Might Be A Redneck Diver If....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt3073b:
You might be a diving redneck if you have Calvin on your truck committing acts of "agency-bashing" (any agency counts).

calvin.gif

That's really offensive!

Where can I get one?

catherine96821:
Did they really do that with the tires? or was that a joke?

Really. Seriously. Folks would top off using the pressurized vapors from the household propane supply tank, taken off upstream of the regulator.

Good thing this guy was driving to leave the tank farm and not in one of the process units where we worked when this happened. It was a heavy duty 1 ton pickup rigged as a welder's truck. Front left tire 'blew out' and gave a new definition for that term - wheel well, motor mount, etc. wrecked on that side. Ambient temperature hit about 115 degrees F that day, and this happened at quitting time (around 4 PM for the welders).

Tire repair folks always had 2 questions before fixing tires in that area.

1. Did you put any Fix-a-Flat in the tire?

2. Is there any propane (a.k.a. country air) in the tire?

Thought about mullet this morning but saw someone beat me to it - dang!

You might be a redneck or coon***** if your friends think diving isn't fun unless you catch or kill somethin to eat.

You may be a redneck if this is your dive boat..
RedneckBoat.jpeg

You might be a redneck diver if:

you ever rinsed your dry suit out in your living room.
you ever pawned your regulator for beer money.
your spear gun is made from a frog gigging spear.
you've ever stolen toilet paper on a livaboard.
you think no one can see you underwater because your wetsuit is painted camouflage.

You might be a redneck diver if you have ever stolen a 6 pack that was attached to the stringer of a bass boat. (it was not me who did this...... But I did have the beer in my possession)

aedavidson:
You might be a redneck if you dive for golfballs in cutoffs and a Molly Hatchet t-shirt;-)

I could have been self inspired on that one

Did I meet you at the bar about a month ago? I met this guy, that, when he found out I dive, he told me he is a commercial diver...I was thinking, oh cool, shipwrecks or something neat like that....NOPE, he used to dive to retrieve golf balls on Florida golf courses. I didn't know there was such a job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom