Your #1 thing you love about diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't answer.... I have one thing about the three types of diving that I regularly do, but the three types of diving are similar only in the fact that we are inhaling, exhaling, and repeating as necessary.

For cave diving it is the people 100%, the social aspect of it. The diving is awesome, but it's the people. Fires and cookouts at Cathy's are the best thing about it for me. Being in nature and enjoying people brings me back to when I was a kid camping up in Maine, Boy Scout trips, etc

For Wreck diving it is all about the diving, I love the history inside of these wrecks and the experience with the marine life and everything else involved is just incredible.

For teaching I love watching the students lightbulbs turn on when they are diving. I usually don't get them until they are at open water training and it's great to watch through the 4 dives the progression and lightbulbs turning on.

I'm with you, Chris. For the diving moment, it's what Bob said -- underwater, I am graceful. It's one of the few things I've ever done where I feel as though I've actually gotten good at it.

But in terms of the overall impact, it's the people. I have met amazing people; I continue to meet amazing people. Scuba brings people from all walks of life into my world, people I would never otherwise have met or gotten to know. Explorers, adventurers, photographers, artists, naturalists, writers . . . people with all kinds of talents and experiences and backgrounds. The warmth and fellowship of diving is the best part.

When diving everybody is just, well, nice. On the boat, on the shore, everybody is just so happy to be there. I've seen instances on a boat where someone gets pissed (for whatever reason) and they will actually come around afterward to each individual and apologize for "harshing the groove." Where else does that happen?? In a world of screamin' cable news and politicos bludgeoning each other into the ground, it kinda restores my faith in humanity. Schmaltzy, huh?

Breathing underwater. I love the sensation of breathing off a regulator, the quiet sounds of being underwater, weightlessness of being underwater. And oh, by the way, being able to be where the fish are all while breathing underwater.

I really enjoy seeing and sharing something that most people will never experience. I think that's neat.

+1, but if I had to try and nail it down to one thing, no, I can't.

Its the TOTAL EXPERIENCE!

It's the one place I don't catch myself scanning the area for triggermen and suicide vests.

Lmao..that really wasn't the intention. There are other things I love about diving, but he asked for my #1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom