Your #1 thing you love about diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim, I want you on my boat. BTW, my wife has a dive bag that must weigh 100 lbs. out in the car. Could I get you to...:D

Anytime.... I always have a smile on.... And if I'm doing the boat, I know I'm going diving with my scuba girl ....

Jim....

Jim, I want you on my boat. BTW, my wife has a dive bag that must weigh 100 lbs. out in the car. Could I get you to...:D

WOW and I thought I was p*ssing people off with a 60lbs bag, now I don't feel bad thanks :)

absolutely the adventure. I love going down and never knowing what each dive will serve. Maybe there will be cool or interesting wildlife, visibility may 2 feet or 25. I love coming across unexpected artifacts. Sometimes a little drama....

What is the #1 thing you love about diving, not the top 3-4, but the one thing that in your mind is what you love the most?

It may make you think...I got torn between the people I meet and the sheer joy of that moment when you slip underwater and the surface world disappears.

I choose the people. The dive are great, I have been really fortunate to do some truly mind blowing dives, but as time passes, the people and friendships I made along the way are what I think of more.

People? In general I hate most people. And I think (hope?) they feel the same way about me. Divers? They are not special. I also hate most divers. Especially if I see them intruding on MY dive. This is my ocean. Go away. Above water they are great. Talk about fish, talk about gear, talk about destinations, anything - all great. Below water - not so much (kick me in the head, silt my shot, scare away the razor fish, crash into the sea horse, ...stay away, find another ocean, I paid for it, this one is mine!). I am a grinch diver. Crusty old bastard. Mean and cranky. And happy to be that way! You do what you are good at.

Diving is all about the little fishes (and all the very small things that are not fishes).

Bah, Humbug!

:lol: sometimes I feel like that too. I hate inconsiderate divers. I found it.. it's mine till I finish taking my shots! You can watch from an appropriate distance and get your turn after me. If you are floundering around silting and kicking stuff I'll move on to protect the critter. IMHO we all had to learn skills and I don't hold that against anyone. Consideration for other divers and the critters should be a given it is not a skill to be learned but basic manners.

I love the critters too. In our regular dive site I have been watching some for years and in some cases for generations. I feel quite attached to some :)

I have to agree with all the posts about being weightless and enjoying the serenity. But I would have to say that my #1 is the realization that I am a visitor in a truly foreign place. I cannot survive without my life support systems for more than a few seconds. I am the alien here. It is a beautiful world and the more you dive the more you realize it is a world with a structure of its own. Just watch the fish line up at a cleaning station sometime and then tell me they don't have a societal structure. Dive at sunrise and watch the night creatures head home and the day creatures come out. It's rush hour! There is a rhythm to life underwater that is truly amazing. I love watching it play out in front of my eyes.

I like being an alien in an alien world.

Number one thing on my list. Literally seeing the site of daylight at the end of my dives.
6b684740a1d1a878d686bafdfc55da71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrecks. definitely wrecks

Back
Top Bottom