Your Best “eBay” Scuba Equipment Purchase!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I've written elsewhere, I pieced together a regulator from various components I won on eBay, and except for the dismay of finding out that the Pro Diver first stage is no longer supported, I couldn't be happier. All these pieces are in practically mint condition. Prices are approximate.

US Divers Pro Diver (only second stage used): ~$60
US Divers SE2 first stage: ~$40
Aqua Lung recent model octo: ~$45
annual service: $15
shipping: uncertain

total eBay: ~$145 + shipping charges, annual

plus:
Genesis gauges & computer from my Dacor Viper setup: ~$400

cheers

Billy S.

bought a drysuit for 300 on ebay, and love it...definitely my best purchase

got my dacor xxl BC brand new in bag from joediveramerica off of Ebay
paid about 1/2 price compared to my local dive shop.
I also got a parkway paragon Reg. 1st and 2nd brand new for 30.00
brand new huge dive bag 20.00 remora dive knife 1.50
Tusa fins used probably twice 15.00
oceanic alpha octo new in box with all papers 12.00
luxfer 80 aluminum tanks with recent hydro 22.95
Ebay is great for quite a few items
:crafty:

scott11:
...Then there is the "scubapro regulator and gauges in like new condition" I purchased from a person with 1 feedback.... Regulator mouthpiece chewed by an animal and major section of it missing, SPG reads 300 PSI with no pressure applied. Gauges all yellowed and rubber dry rotted. Seller works for a law firm and thinks she is a lawyer. Never buy from a seller without a history of good feedback. Still debating nightly with this seller via email...

Isn't it funny how those with legal training seem prone to moral ambiguity? (Well, my description wasn't TECHNICALLY untrue, just incomplete...and "I never had sex with that woman!") :wink:

No doubt I'll get jumped on by a bunch of honest lawyers now. [/me checks watch....]

I bought my Zeagle Ranger BCD for $300 which only saw one dive - it was practically brand new! it's also the current model, not the older one, and it came with AIR2 (it also came with the origninal inflator too) and trim weight pouches. I took off the AIR2, put on the original inflator and sold it for $115, making my Zeagle Ranger purchase to be only about $285.

The best deal I think that I ever got was actually here on Scubaboard. I got a DUI cf300x drysuit for $500 and it fit me perfectly. It already had new neck and wrist seals.

Well I have bought so much off Ebay I can't remember the prices of everything BUT every purchase was a GREAT deal and worked perfectly and I have had absolutely NO complaints about any of the purchases. I realize dive shops try to brain wash people into thinking you will die instantly from purchasing Scuba gear off the internet. But the reality is they talk tons of new students into purchasing brand new gear, and 75% never dive again after certifying. SO there is a large amount of almost new gear to be had at fire sale prices. Heres my list.

Brand new Apeks Black Pearl Regulator I think 475.00

Suunto Cobra W/quick disconnect and hose 450.00

OS Systems XL dry suit with undergarments great condition 205.00

Citizens dive watch "Depth, temp, timer, Beautiful watch!!! 75.00

Henderson Hyperstrech 7mm for wife. I think 175.00 "was listed by a store and they allowed me to send it back twice to get the right size!!!

Henderson XXL 3mm wetsuit for me perfect condition 66.00

Brand New Mares Morphos Pro BCD. 250.00 "sold for 350.00 a few months later"

OS Systems small drysuit with under garments for wife. 125.00 seals needed repair which they listed up front. Did not fit great so kept Undergarments and bag and resold Drysuit for 175.00

and to many smaller items to mention. I love ebay. There is not a day out of the week I do not get online at 6:00am when I get to work and scan the entire days listing of Scuba equipment while things are slow. Best deal I EVER got was finding a full size Scuba Pro dive bag at a thrift store that they priced at 50.00 I bought it just for the bag and did not even look inside it till I got it out of the shop. It had 2 wet suits, a Scuba Pro MK20 with D400 second stage, a Scuba Pro Master Jacket BCD with Air 2 inflator installed, 2 sets of fins and 2 masks. Even after having the regs and air 2 serviced at my LDS I still cleared about 650.00 after dumping everything but the bag on ebay.

I got a video housing w/ the video camera for under 200 w/ shipping. It was a while ago so I can't get the auction page to come up for pics.

Back
Top Bottom