Your diving 'bucket list' ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, if you got some terrible diagnosis and worked out that you had time for three dive trips before you died, where would you go?

Going with the original premise that I only have time for three trips they'd be ... in this order ...

- Mexico caves
- Red Sea
- Indonesia

... and I'd end that last trip in Bali, so I could die in paradise ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Interesting thread. I have an incurable cancer, with a 50/50 chance of living 5 years.

There are places I'd love to go, like Bikini Atoll, but they're cost prohibitive. I'm planning to do as much diving as I can afford in as many places in the Carribean as possible. So far we've managed Cancun, Playa del Carmen (including a couple Cenote dives) and Curacao. We're planning to go back to Mexico in May, but not sure where, yet. The Carribean makes the most financial sense, and there are certainly more sites there than I could possibly dive.

You know you are an inspiration. Life never touches us as much as when we know we are not invincible. I have had my share of that this year. I had an IPE in July and almost died because my lungs filled with so much fluid there was very little gas transfer. I would have been placed on a respirator but because of switching hospitals and a CPap I managed to get more stabilized first. Now my grandson is in the hospital after a horrific car accident on a respirator with, pretty much the same problem I had, his lungs will not transfer gases. Thursday made three weeks. He hangs on to life. He has actually shown some progress in the last few days and we are so thankful. I completely healed from my incident and by faith believe he will also. Live your life to the fullest, and never give up the faith.

Truk Lagoon & Bikini Atoll

Cave diving in the Bahamas

Great White Shark cage dive

Truk Lagoon (Tec), Bali (Mola Season with a huge Camera) & the best shark dive in the world wherever that may be!

and i would try and squeeze in a live aboard in Raja Ampat

Last edited by a moderator:
Palau (going for 2 weeks in Feb)
Raja Ampat
Philippines

Goodness, this makes for great things I would like to research as a newb looking for places to go.

For me, it's animals I'd like to see as much as places I'd like to be.

Whale sharks
Orcas-- swimming with them may be scary as hell, but something a lot of people can't say they've done.
Other than that, places would be
Galapagos,
Asia, just about anywhere but Thailand, P.I. and Indonesia are tops

So, if you got some terrible diagnosis and worked out that you had time for three dive trips before you died, where would you go?

I'd probably shoot for somewhere new, so I'll take:

• Galapagos
  • North Carolina
  • Red Sea
Where would you go?

Micronesia
Scapa Flow
Galapagos

Anywhere, as long as it is with some of the most excellent peeps I've met right here on SB.
Me, me, me :bounce:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom