Your Dream Dive?..okay TWO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
What is the one dive that would be too great to even be true?....and your runner-up.

Okay...I don't know Chris Bangs, but his whale shots of the new baby calf..blew my mind. To do that and have a camera...that would be "it" for me.

Our Spitting Caves on a day with great viz and playful monk seals ....is due anytime again now, and I could settle for that.

Chuck on the wrecks with good vis, no current and plenty of battery power
Number two, Blackwater dive Kona... Oh wait, Did it and it was awsome!

Well.... I'm absolutely, positively sure that this will NEVER EVER, in a million years, happen... but... if I could see all the following in ONE dive, it would be the best dive ever!! Please keep in mind that I'm landlocked and very, very rarely get to dive the ocean! (Like, next month I'll get to dive the ocean again... haven't been able to in 9 years!) One can dream, right?? :wink:

Beautiful Blue water with unlimited visibility... as far as the eye could see...
Whale shark
Humpback whale with calf
Sea turtles
Manta
Monk Seals
Orca (at a safe distance... whatever that is! :wink:
Manatee
School of sharks
Goliath Grouper
Seahorses

That's not asking too much is it??? LOL :D

1) http://www.scubaguys.com/SGHomePage.htm Click on "AG's Mexico Cave video".

2) There's an outfit in the Hawaiian Islands that takes people out at night to black water, and hangs them off the boat on tethers while the boat shines a bright light to attract strange creatures. That dive fascinates me. I'd either be utterly transported or throw up the whole time.

erparamedic:
Well.... I'm absolutely, positively sure that this will NEVER EVER, in a million years, happen... but... if I could see all the following in ONE dive, it would be the best dive ever!! Please keep in mind that I'm landlocked and very, very rarely get to dive the ocean! (Like, next month I'll get to dive the ocean again... haven't been able to in 9 years!) One can dream, right?? :wink:

Beautiful Blue water with unlimited visibility... as far as the eye could see...
Whale shark
Humpback whale with calf
Sea turtles
Manta
Monk Seals
Orca (at a safe distance... whatever that is! :wink:
Manatee
School of sharks
Goliath Grouper
Seahorses

That's not asking too much is it??? LOL :D
That sums it up for me , i'll take one of those please with a side of 80 degree water. The second dream dive would be one finding the stereotypical treasure chest filled with gold.

Don't have a dream dive in terms of location or things to see, but my dream dive is the one where I forget that I have tanks on my back and am breathing from some strange device. I want to be so focused on what I am seeing/doing and so comfortable that the equipment is just not there. Not going to happen up this way - just too cold but in warm water, it just might.

Click on "AG's Mexico Cave video".

beautiful! Have you seen Chandelier cave in Palau? smaller easier version.

No, the extent of my current familiarity with diving caves is one about fifteen feet long that I went into in the Virgin Islands. As it narrowed and petered out, I peered wistfully into the end and wished it went on . . .

And before anybody yells at me, daylight was always visible, and the dive leader had already told us that the "cave" remained large enough to turn around in all the way to the end, which it did.

Finding indisputable evidence of Atlantas would be a good day. Other than that I would like to find something that has been lost in the Bermuda Triangle, along with proof of human error.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom