YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undin7:
Nope I am not a LP employee or any how associated with them.

It does seems strange that your first post is a laudatory post about Leisure Pro and how much money you've spent there in the last 3 years. Why not fill in your dive info and let us know about your dive history, where you've dove, us get to know you and you know the Board?

It just might be because that was the first post to which he chose to respond!

Is it so completely inconceivable that one can have a pleasant experience dealing with Leisure Pro?

the K

The Kraken:

Is it so completely inconceivable that one can have a pleasant experience dealing with Leisure Pro?

the K

Not inconceivable at all, as my scuba purchases can attest to :14:.

hoosier:
Let's go back to the origianl questtion!
Any service experience with LP? We want to hear a real experinces! Thanks in advance.

I've bought many things from Leisurepro, but I'd rather have the gear serviced locally by an LDS. I try not to use Leisurepro, I prefer ScubaToys, DiveSports, or Diver's Supply and ask them to match LP's price. I'd rather give my money to stores run by divers that are authorized dealers. On some items that's not possible. LeisurePro sells OMS Din Regs, I can't find them anywhere else.

Now, if LP could start driving down the price of Halcyon gear.....:wink:

pilot fish:
It does seems strange that your first post is a laudatory post about Leisure Pro and how much money you've spent there in the last 3 years. Why not fill in your dive info and let us know about your dive history, where you've dove, us get to know you and you know the Board?
My diving history
I got into diving about 3 years ago for 2 reasons always dream to and the very grounded practical reason - i wanted to be able to clean my 28 ft sailboat bottom, change zincs (i haul out my sailboat ones in 2 years) and inspect my mooring anchors by myself.
I did about 20 dives in this 3 years. All dives are shallow usually 20-35 ft for mooring inspection and chains change. This year already did two moorings for the club mooring operator, and inspected my own gear. This kind of diving is kind of difficult because the visibility is 0, and I have to work there for an hour, 30 minutes on each leg. The water temperature was 55 F last time I dived.
All this is in Sheep's Head Bay, Brooklyn. I did get out couple of times further to the Far Rockaway area on my sailboat and dived from the inflatable (freeboard on sailboat is too big), but the was nothing interesting there, and visability is poor.
My gear: Mares V12 + Orbiter, Mares Proton octopus, Scubapro Mini 2 Gauge with compass, Dacor Falcon BC, Suunto Viper computer, 7mm Henderson Gold Core 2 pcs., and misc equipment knifes, fins, etc - all came from LP besides Mares V12 + Orbiter.
Now I am getting ready for trip to Aruba to do some wreck diving and Advances OWC. Anybody wants to join me? Direct flight from LaGuardia + Hotel ~$980 for one, ~$1300 for two. If alone and really interested you can share the room with me and we both save some money. I am going on June 10-17. Go to Aruba.com - book now - packages.

undin7:
My diving history
I got into diving about 3 years ago for 2 reasons always dream to and the very grounded practical reason - i wanted to be able to clean my 28 ft sailboat bottom, change zincs (i haul out my sailboat ones in 2 years) and inspect my mooring anchors by myself.
Forgot to post http://public.fotki.com/stormwind15/diving/sheepshead_bay_brooklyn/

You need to do some fun dives in interesting locations, not just maintenance dives on your boat. Do you live in Borough Park?

Fill in your dive history with the info below.

Looking at your pics you look like a guy at camera store on 18st on the first floor of LP bldg.

undin7:
My diving history
I did about 20 dives in this 3 years. All dives are shallow usually 20-35 ft for mooring inspection and chains change. This year already did two moorings for the club mooring operator, and inspected my own gear. This kind of diving is kind of difficult because the visibility is 0, and I have to work there for an hour, 30 minutes on each leg. The water temperature was 55 F last time I dived.
All this is in Sheep's Head Bay, Brooklyn. I did get out couple of times further to the Far Rockaway area on my sailboat and dived from the inflatable (freeboard on sailboat is too big), but the was nothing interesting there, and visability is poor.
My gear: Mares V12 + Orbiter, Mares Proton octopus, Scubapro Mini 2 Gauge with compass, Dacor Falcon BC, Suunto Viper computer, 7mm Henderson Gold Core 2 pcs., and misc equipment knifes, fins, etc - all came from LP besides Mares V12 + Orbiter.
Now I am getting ready for trip to Aruba to do some wreck diving and Advances OWC. Anybody wants to join me? Direct flight from LaGuardia + Hotel ~$980 for one, ~$1300 for two. If alone and really interested you can share the room with me and we both save some money. I am going on June 10-17. Go to Aruba.com - book now - packages.

The Kraken:

the K

Sure that's possible, as is the opposite at every place on Earth. When you need a repair from the mfg though it might be another situation.

pilot fish:
You need to do some fun dives in interesting locations, not just maintenance dives on your boat. Do you live in Borough Park?

Fill in your dive history with the info below.

Looking at your pics you look like a guy at camera store on 18st on the first floor of LP bldg.

It is why I am going to Aruba!

I live at E 1 & Ave P.

I was in the camera store on Monday with my kid, and I could not remember anybody who looks even clouse to me, besides as I recall all of the camera employees are Religious Jewish and I am Ukrainian from Kiev.

undin7:
It is why I am going to Aruba!

I live at E 1 & Ave P.

I was in the camera store on Monday with my kid, and I could not remember anybody who looks even clouse to me, besides as I recall all of the camera employees are Religious Jewish and I am Ukrainian from Kiev.

I know Ave P and E 1 st.

Have a good time in Aruba. I don't think Aruba that has great diving though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom