Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your max depth to date?
I did my deepest dive to date last night ... 221 fsw. It was a training dive.

What is the deepest you are willing to go?
Depends on what's down there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So far, 788 feet.................And I have no limit

I aint a kidding.........................

WVBridge.jpg

bridgeday.jpg

?????

Agsain, those who see this as a contest still have not noticed that virtually every person who has given a depth went to that depth incidental to what they were doing--seeing something or doing something that was important to them. OK, you ask, important enough to die for--well--see the thread on how safe is safe enough--the answer is yes. I have done many things from flying to high speed motorccyle riding to diving that were potentially fatal. I am sorry that some see it as a contest.

The sinkhole is on the northen Gulf Coast. If you do some searching for sinkholes and submarine springs you should turn it up. It was a one time deal for me and it was in 1979 well before GPS. The skipper who took me there was a man I met diving out of Keaton Beach and he long ago passed away. I have no idea how those men found things with Loran and voodoo magic. I have been close to 200 on other dives but never that deep again. I only go deep when there is a reason. Just a few weekends ago I went solo to nearly 150 feet on the Kimberling City Bridge in Table Rock. A couple of years ago some friends of mine went to 190 feet. I did not go--why--it was cold and I saw no reason to risk it. They were fine and for that I am glad. Going below 150 feet can be dangerous, do not take the risk lightly but if there is a reason, something you must do, then I don't see it as a contest. There are reasons to go deeper, faster, longer, higher and for those who don't want to take any risks--don't.

N

117' down to a wreck in the DomRep on a "trust-me" dive last year.

I had no business being down there.

My record so far is 126 feet. I would like to go deeper, but first I have to do a specialty course on Nitrox.

Nitrox isn't going to allow you to go deeper. The extra O2 is going to actually limit your depth, and depending on the mix this could be much less than your current max of 126 fsw.

The deepest I've personally gone is 132'. Went to look at a pair of prowfish, and that's how deep they were. That's the max I'm willing to go now, since I've not yet trained to go any deeper, and probably wont for a good while. My comfort level and skill level is ready for the next level of training, but my wallet isn't! :11:

Agsain, those who see this as a contest still have not noticed that virtually every person who has given a depth went to that depth incidental to what they were doing--seeing something or doing something that was important to them. OK, you ask, important enough to die for--well--see the thread on how safe is safe enough--the answer is yes. I have done many things from flying to high speed motorccyle riding to diving that were potentially fatal. I am sorry that some see it as a contest.

Agreed.

The sinkhole is on the northen Gulf Coast...skipper who took me there was a man I met diving out of Keaton Beach...

Thanks for the info. I found Keaton Beach on a map, and I see that it is too far from Destin for me to try to combine trips with. If I'm going to do a 'special' trip, there's blue holes in the Bahamas & Central America to visit first that are an equivalent effort from up here in NJ.

-hh

36 metres, but you don't see much without a torch, and I prefer long dives.

mikerault:
Using scuba gear I have been to 122 feet to see the flight deck of the Oriskany ...
So, who has dropped to the bottom around the 'O'? Are the props worth seeing, and is there noticeable debris on the bottom around where she came to rest? Been to the aft hangar deck at 165', which was really great But, I am curious about the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom