Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked a friend who's a cave instructor/trimix instructor/ tech instructor all around to take me on a deep dive just so I could get some deep water experience. I had been to 100fsw with viz in the 80' range, but this particular deep dive was to 115 ffw near the bottom of a lake and viz was about 1-2' . It was a different dive experience all-together than my previous Caribbean deep dives. I was narced and it wasn't a pleasant feeling. There was nothing to see but mud and a few spooky-looking trees. I handled the narcosis well (I think!?!) and never panicked. I don't want to go that deep again at that particular location but I'm glad that I got the experience. I'm also glad that I had this particular dive buddy with me.

I did 105' this past week in Jamaica. I have a picture of my computer at 103. At 105 I started feeling a little happy so I went back up to 90 or so and that's where we hung out for a while before our gradual sloping dive back up to shore.

--Shannon

158' too date, but I'm headed this next week to Hoods Port, Wash. for my normoxic trimix course and will be headed to 200'. I only have my rec. trimix cert. as of today. I'll dive for awhile at this classification before going on to my hypoxic trimix realm. At that time, who knows, we'll see how things go:confused:

39 meters.
I'm willing to go as deep as I feel comfortable - within reasonable limits, of course. The emphasis is on reasonable as in "reasonable", not arbitrary as in "as deep as my agency allows."

:popcorn:

39 meters.
I'm willing to go as deep as I feel comfortable - within reasonable limits, of course. The emphasis is on reasonable as in "reasonable", not arbitrary as in "as deep as my agency allows."

:popcorn:
Yes, you should only dive to your own comfort zone. it goes too the rule,"any one can call any dive for any reason, NO QUESTIONS!!!"

64m. I was so narked i started hearing echos of everything for a little bit but apart from that was fine. The funny thing was i was diving a wreck and saw about 5 people swimming about 5-7 meters under me and im sure they were on air also. Go Vanutatu diving :)

Max depth with TMX 15/55 = 250 fsw
Max depth with TMX 20/40 = 200 fsw
Max depth with AIR = 185 fsw (extended range course prerequisite for trimix)
Max depth with EAN 25 = 150 fsw (deco course prerequisite for trimix)
Max depth with EAN 32 = 100 fsw (my most commonly used mix since many shops bank this)
Max depth with EAN 35 = 100 fsw (my favorite preferred mix)
Max depth with EAN 50 = 70 fsw
Max depth with 100% O2 = 20 fsw

MOD all depends on mix, and mix should depend on planned MOD.

For open circuit, TMX 10/70 should work well to 350 fsw. That should be the practical limit, however, for open circuit.

A job deeper than that should require closed circuit, with open circuit safety divers watching carefully the CCR divers.

A comfortable and safe END is 85 fsw.

A comfortable and safe ppO2 at MOD is 1.2, particularly when planning long deco times with 1.6 ATA decompression mixes.

Since getting my first nitrox card, I do not dive air deeper than NAUI's recommended 50 fsw anymore. For only diving one dive per day, air is fine to whatever depth anyone wants to go within the NDL limits. But if planning to do 2 or more dives per day, nitrox is preferred for the additional safety factor and the enhanced benefit of the surface interval.

Where nitrox is not available, I limit my MOD on air to 75 fsw.

I have been fortunate at most locations in the Mediterranean and South Pacific to get nitrox. Some places in Latin America do not have it available however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom