• The same as my primary

Votes: 97 75.2%
  • Other brand but still top of the line

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • The cheapest one i could find

Votes: 15 11.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are choosing same as my primary because they have the same brand. Most complete regulator setups recreational divers have the same brand octo as their primary, but it is of lesser quality. Therefore this poll is useless!!

The poll should have been:

1) Similar quality as your primary
2) poorer quality

I voted "cheapest one I could find" because it is of a lower quality than my primary.

The plan is to upgrade it at some point, and this was part of the package I wanted. *shrug*

I voted Other Brand - top... BUT its an Integrated air source.

Should add an option for the combo power inflator option...

For traditional Octos, By default will be the same brand. If they baught them at the same time normaly I'd bet.

Well with a result of 75% "same as primary" so far, this just goes to show how SBoarders are not a representative sample of divers. :wink:

I don't ever recall seeing a (rec) diver using a rig with 2 identical second stages and I normally pay attention to what other divers are using.

I think you're misreading results of a "poorly designed" survey. Fine for a ScubaBoard poll, but as a marketing/marketing research professional it's problematic in that the choices are not "mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive" as we say in the business. Look at the choices...

The same as my primary 74.75%
Other brand but still top of the line 14.14%
The cheapest one i could find 11.11%
Voters: 99.

How do you suppose the people who have "same brand, different model" voted? (Eg AL Legend primary and an AL octo)

They voted for the first option, since this configuration is most closely "same as my primary" given the options to choose from.

Not enough choices. You should have enrolled in PADI polling specialty course before undertaking such a task.

Sorry to see some of you think this poll is useless/poorly construted,or what ever.
It was most certainly not mend as a marketing survey.
But the only thing I wanted to see was,(after reading this thread)
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...-do-octos-have-problems-before-primaries.html

if it where true that most ,or at least a lot of, divers use crappy/ el cheapo backup regs.
As far as the poll goes and the reactions of divers who did not disagree with the poll setup.I think we can conclude that most(SB)divers don't use crappy stuff as backup.
Since I think SB is a cross section of all divers on the globe,the results sofar let me conclude we do think about what we use for backup and why it's there, and that we most likely maintain this as good as our primairy regs.

Witch brings up a new idea.:D
Something like how do you maintain your gear after the dive?

1 rince
2 dunk
3 let it swim over night(or at least for some time)
4 non of the above

Ty for the thread and poll 300bar. It has been interesting to read what setups people have. When it comes to cleaning my regs, I rinse at the dive site well, then dunk in fresh water at home and thouroughly rinse them again. I then take off the front cover and carefully wipe the diaphram of any sediment. Then hang to dry.

Carolyn:sharks:

Ty for the thread and poll 300bar. It has been interesting to read what setups people have. When it comes to cleaning my regs, I rinse at the dive site well, then dunk in fresh water at home and thouroughly rinse them again. I then take off the front cover and carefully wipe the diaphram of any sediment. Then hang to dry.

Carolyn:sharks:

It is indeed very interesting to read about the setups :D

As for your cleaning...WOW would love to see that more often,the last 4 regs on my bench where never taken care of as far as we could see :11:and the owners still called them "lifesupport":no
octos with half the oceanfloor in them,compassbezels that would and could not move.
The one on the bench right now has Corrosion on the inside of the 1st stage.
The capital C was mend to be there.:D

Keep up the cleaning,it saves $$$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom