• Apeks TX 50/ DS4

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Apeks TX 100

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I asked....... :D

Out of curisoty... what in the hell are you doing with all that gas in the Lakes??? Caves or what??

wheezy once bubbled...
Sorry I asked....... :D

Out of curisoty... what in the hell are you doing with all that gas in the Lakes??? Caves or what??

Mostly caves but we dive some Great Lakes wrecks during the season. I obviously don't need all that for every dive.

well i guess as you see most people who have there apeks love them enough said in my book
I for one really like my atx 200 apeks !!!!!!!!!!

wheezy once bubbled...
Well something's wrong with those two Apeks you own, because it doesn't get much drier than completely dry??? Which regs are they by the way??? Never heard of an Apeks breathing wet...

Dunno about that wheezy - I have a Zeagle 50D and an Apeks TX50/DS4..... ever get inverted? Every Apeks including the 200ATX I tried breathes wet when your inverted (there a thread on this board about it somewhere......). For the small (minute) changes Zeagle made, it doesn't breathe wet when inverted.

That being said, I don't dive with my head pointed at the ground, so its really a non-issue, as perhaps just a minor inconvience when your peeking in a wreck....

SS

well i have been inverted many times with my apeks atx 200 and never had any promblem and even at 130 feet never had trouble in wrecks caverns ect please tell me more i just have never had a promblem with mine at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If all you apeks guys ever try one of the new Zeagles you gonna wish you listened. LOL

I promise not to say I tolld you so but just remember I told you so.

Hey why do ya think Zeagle dumped them off on Aqualung anyway?

medic13 once bubbled...
well i have been inverted many times with my apeks atx 200 and never had any promblem and even at 130 feet never had trouble in wrecks caverns ect please tell me more i just have never had a promblem with mine at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You probably just didn't notice. No more deep air for you! :wink:

I guess now is a good time to mention that there is a recall with Zeagle regs due to a serious manufacturing flaw.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Hey why do ya think Zeagle dumped them off on Aqualung anyway?

Mike, the way I remember how that worked out, Zeagle didnt want to let them go. Wasn't there some sort of agreement made that Zeagle would produce the "same" reg with the same design as the APeks???

So, in other words, Zeagle just couldnt let them go, and had to copy them because they cant make their own regs...

Now it looks like they couldnt even copy the Apeks design without messing it up, and causing this big recall...

I feel sorry for anyone who owns a Zeagle reg. Its the same design as the Apeks, just manufactured with INFERIOR materials, and VERY sloppy quality control...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom