Zeagle Flathead 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cutty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Newb question... when looking for the Flathead 7, 1st stage is called Flathead 7... 2nd stage is called Z (in the literature) Is there a preferred 2nd stage model to look at?

Starting to look around at LDS's and want to compare apples to apples

Thanks,
Graham

The Z model is the second stage that comes paired with the Flathead 7. It is a slightly revised version of the ZX which came paired with the Flathead VI, DSV, and 50D. Where do you live in Ontario? I own 4 Zeagle regs that I would be happy to let you have a look at, even dive if we can set something up.

Jim

any of the zeagle octos will be good to have. the Z octo would be the preferd just to match the primary reg. but you do not have to limit yopurself to just zeagle octos. find one you like and try it. just make sure it is set to perform correctly with zeagles IP. some are tuned to different IP so you will have to tune it to perform at its best.

if you do decide on the zeagle octo, make sure it has the heat sink on it for diving the cold water in canada.

I like the adjustable secondary, and you'll need the heatsink in Ontario I imagine.

Don't let anybody persuade you something breathes easier as 1 min on an inline adjustment tool and all the top-shelf regs will breathe about the same; Zeagle probably breathes a little easier from the factory than others anyways. I've got 2 FT7's and I want a couple more... maybe I'm biased.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom