Zeagle Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This Detroit v. Miami series is shaping up to be one hell of a good time. Wish I would have seen the thread when bets were being placed. I think I would look goood in a Zeagle T.
Back on topic my Envoy held up its end of the bargain in cold water, it's just sitting there waiting for me to get over my swimmers ear.

I switched to a FH6 a while back and cannot be happier! That thing breathes better than I thought a reg. could. The Zeagle had some of the best #'s and features of all the regs. I researched. Price was not a consideration when I bought it. The single biggest reason that I am switching over to Zeagle gear is the customer support the company provides. If I send them an e-mail, it is returned, period. I've never had a SINGLE inquiry to another company returned. The fact that Zeagle doesn't condemn spearfishing like so many other dive gear companies is another. And for all non-Zeagle users. Where are your favorite companies reps? Two of Zeagle's are here answering questions daily.

Steve
Happy Zeagle Customer

I dive twin flatheads on my doubles and have a third flathead for single tank diving. When my wife dives with me I configure one of the flatheads from my doubles for her to use. Recently we went down to Jupiter Dive Ctr (JDC) in Jupiter, FL. On the way down I had a carry-on stolen from the airport. In it was 2 flatheads (along with a Vytec, Areis 300G, c-cards, log books, etc). I kept my spirits up and did some diving with JDC anyway. I wanted to sign up for the Hole in the Wall, a 140fsw dive in strong currents but told the shop owner Randy that I did not want to without my own DIN regulator and my computer since it was a day of 3 deep dives. Well he hooked me up with his personal Mares Ruby DIN and one of his own Genesis Nitrox computers. The day was an awesome day and thanks to him I did not miss out. He is a super guy and runs a great outfit.

Anyway, the reason I am writing on this thread is that Randy also told me that because I am a DM, Zeagle may replace the 2 regs through my LDS at a discounted rate due to the circumstances of my loss. Well I would never have know that and it turned out to be true, I got a great deal on my new flathead’s. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in about praising Zeagle as a company. I’ve been diving the flatheads for numerous years and love them. I have done numerous dive’s in the mid 30 deg F range to 85fsw and never had a problem. I also bought an Envoy fpr my father-in-law, no doubt a great reg for the price. RE: BC’s, I have a Zeagle Zena for the wife and an Escape that I use on vacations or for pool classes when assisting classes teaching with my LDS. I’m extremely happy with both BC’s.

I finally got to try my FH6/ZX regs. They breathe like a dream. I had Aqualung Titan regs and they were good for the price. What a difference. With the FH6 I hardly noticed at times that it was even there, it is very comfortable. I wasn't chomping down on it so there was no jaw fatigue. It did breathe a little wet when upside down. I know, I know, what are you doing upside down. I guess I was just checking out my new regs in different scenarios. Is it normal for it to do this? Where does the water enter into the system?

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread as the NBA finals are finsihing up on Thursday, and if the spurs can hang on, I'll be sporting a new zeagle T-shirt.

jetfixer:
I finally got to try my FH6/ZX regs. They breathe like a dream. I had Aqualung Titan regs and they were good for the price. What a difference. With the FH6 I hardly noticed at times that it was even there, it is very comfortable. I wasn't chomping down on it so there was no jaw fatigue. It did breathe a little wet when upside down. I know, I know, what are you doing upside down. I guess I was just checking out my new regs in different scenarios. Is it normal for it to do this? Where does the water enter into the system?

The water you got in your mouth was residual water haning out in the outlet port of the ZX. It should not be there after the first breath and realistically, it's not "breathing wet", rather it's just seepage dripping in at the same time you happen to be inverted and take a breath.

I've had mine do that too, but breathing wet is a whole different matter. I've used regs that litterally dumped a bunch of water in my mouth.

I love my Zeagles, all 3 of them.

uberspeed:
Chad, how important are the inlet pressures? I thought no matter what a balanced reg was supposed to breathe the same, so in my mind the WOB would be unaffected by an inlet pressure of 3200psi or 700psi, can you shed some light please?

Sorry, I thought this thread was over.

When so many regulators became capable of breathing under 1 joule/ltr at 198 fsw, with a 1500 psi tank, the testers decided to raise the bar, so to speak. Dropping the tank pressure to 750 psi certainly taxes any regulator, balanced or not. A Flathead XP's IP at 200' is about 250 psi, which is certainly easier replennished with 1500 psi at the inlet source than with 750 psi. Here's another thought... how well does a small bore yoke tank valve stack up against a large bore DIN valve?

This change in the test creates an unrealistic scenario, that a diver should never be faced with; breathing like a mad man at 200' with 750 psi remaining.

The other key factor in WOB tests is of course depth. A friend of mine just completed a dive to 425 fsw with a FH XP primary. At that pressure the density of the breathing gas, if on air, would be severe. Think about like peanut butter!

I have to agree with Quarrior's assesment of a Zeagle regulator's dryness. It's kind of like a fly coming in the door when you enter a screened porch... he's still in there, and probably won't fly out just cause you open the door again.

Zeagle regs have been rated excellent on dryness. I'm upside-down all the time cleaning my hull & running gear with any one of about 6 Zeagles... pretty darned dry!

Chad
Zeagle biased of course.

Thanks for the reply quarrior, totally makes sense. It was just a bit of water and I figured it may have come from the exhaust. I didn't really know what constituted "wet breathing". I am very happy with them and hope the original poster, doos, was able to get a set.

Back
Top Bottom