Zeagle Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doos:
Thanks for the input guys. I think my mind is made up. I'll give the LDS on more try to order them, if not I'll head online. (the other Zeagle rep in town charge an arm adn two legs for equipment).

Thanks again.

That post seems to have gotten lost in the betting.

Just so you know, if you buy online from other than an authorized dealer, you will not have any warranty from Zeagle.

Wayward Son:
That post seems to have gotten lost in the betting.

Just so you know, if you buy online from other than an authorized dealer, you will not have any warranty from Zeagle.

Not from the manufacturer but LP matches the manufacters wanrranty and sells the stuff for almost half the price of the LDS.

I dive a poseidon oden/jetstream on my left post and Zeagle flathead on my right...
both bought years ago on line at LP no problems....

Yeah, if that suits you. I've heard from people who had warranty issues & LP handled them fine, and I've heard from people who had LP leave them hanging. Once that happens, you eat the full cost of repair, and the manufacturer (any of them, not just Zeagle) are going to do nothing in terms of warranty coverage.

Another question is not only will LP honor their wrarranty, but how long will they be around to do so? Scubapro, for example, has been making gear for decades. Dealers have come & gone, but SP is still around. If LP closes shop, and your warranty is only with them, it doesn't leave you much. Buy it from an authorized dealer, and it doesn't matter where you go. Any authorized dealer can cover you.

There are some authorized dealers who sell online, for some brands. I think Zeagle is one who allows this, most do not. If you're gonna buy online, especially core life support, it's somthing to at least take into consideration.

Some, such as SP, have a lifetime warranty, all parts are covered. If you don't have the warranty, you pay for the parts. I dunno the details of Zeagle's warranty, but I do think it's lifetime. Have to ask yourself how much giving that up is worth. Over a period of years, it might amount to quite a bit of money.

I don't think that Zeagle offers the parts for life but Scubatoys does. All you pay is the service fee and that is it.

Originally Posted by scubatoys
Ok... This is easy. Their policy is to get free parts, they have to be serviced by an authorized dealer. We do annual service on Zeagle, or any other reg purchased from us for $39.95 and parts are free. But if you want to do your own rebuilds, there is no problem buying parts kits from us if want. Just give me a call, and you can buy any Zeagle rebuild kit you want.

We offer the parts for life, as long as the reg is serviced annually by an authorized dealer.

The statement from Larry that you chose was in response to people who didn'tCARE about free parts - they wanted to buy parts to service their own regs.

Please - let's not beat this horse again...

:wink:

Sorry about that Scott. I almost deleted that portion and then forgot about it. Glad to know that Zeagle offers the free parts. Now if my wallet would allow me to buy my regs this year.

Doos and MattBoy, PM me with your name, address, and shirt size.

I think the refs picked the wrong game to start calling so many early fouls, but I do believe that the better team won the series....

Now comes the lull before my absolute favorite (sports) time of year - FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!

Scott

Gee, I thought the bet was for a zeagle scout, med size....
It was a great series, even if I am the only person in West Virginia that seemed interested. Thanks, Scott, PM sent.

doos:
Hi Folks,

I am about to purchase some regs, and have taken a liking to the Zeagle ZX/50D setup. I do a lot of cold water diving here, and the look like they fit the bill.

I was in one of the LDS's the other day and asked about them (this dive shop is one of the 2 Zeagle rep's in town). The lady there told me that, and I paraphrase, Zeagle regs were crap and she wouldn't even order them in for me. She then gave me a big speech about how great Apecks regs were and how I should get them instead.

I did a bit of a search here, and didn't find much bad news about Zeagle regs.

Is this lady just getting bigger kick-backs from Apecks, or does she have a point?

Any first hand experience with Zeagle regs (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Cheers

I started my adiction by buying a zeagle Ranger a couple of years back and now everythig I own is zeagle. They have made me a customer for life. Great service and great products. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Zeagle.

ScottZeagle:
Please - let's not beat this horse again...

I do have 1 question though....

as background info let me say that:
I am a huge fan of Zeagle, I dive a flathead VI / ZX. as my primary on my right post (jetstream / oden on the left) My BC is a Ranger LTD and I dive it with a backplate and twin 120's & 100's and slung deco bottles.

I also own an OMS BP & wings and found that rig to be so uncomfortable that never dive it.

I wanted the best for My 10 year old son so he started in a zeagle zipper and graduated to an escape.

So I say this out of love and respect for the high quality well designed products Zeagle makes.

If Zeagle has such an Issue with non dealers sales why don't they end them... Outfits like LP must sell thousands of units (my BC and reg) these items all have serial #s. Why can't Zeagle buy a few, trace the #s and cut off the dealer who sold them to LP.

I respectfully submit that:

Zeagle loves the fact that their factory is making thousand more units of BC's, regs etc... and cares less who's actually selling them. They send out letters to their authorized dealers telling them what they want to hear to placate them. Then happily go back to shipping cases of their product to purchasers whom they know are selling them to Grey market retailers thrilled with the volume.

Comments Scott.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom