Zeagle ZX 50D Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Zeagle ZX 50D Regulator or the Zeagle ZX Flathead VI Regulator, I was recommended this by a dive shop I went to, they said it's a good regulator for warm and cold water diving which I will be doing. Any opinions?

I dive the Zeagle DSV with the ZX second stage. Great reg. I've had it in 42 degree water at 120ft many times. Very easy breathing reg and there is no swivel (failure point) on the first stage. I now have 2 of them with a DSIV on the way for my doubles. Guess you could say I'm hooked on Zeagle regs.

I dive two of the zeagle flatheads, and used to use a 50D. Performance of both was great on every dive I made, whether the water was in the 30s or in the 80s. Between the two regs, I much preffer the flathead due to the lack of a swivel on it (I found the swivel didnt really provide any good benefit while adding a possible failure point). However, you really can't go wrong with either.

as I am sure you know they are former Apeks clones. So take everything that you have heard about the Apeks TX series of regs and apply it to Zeagle, tack on a Made in USA sticker and a conical HP seat and you have a zeagle. Reliable. Parts for life. good warranty. Excellent cold and warm water. Flathead is the Apeks 100/200 and the 50D is the Apeks TX 50 with DST first stage. Exact same.

I use DS4's but guys I dive with use 50D's. We had them in 27deg F water with a solid block of ice surrounding the 1st stage at 80fsw and they still worked. We also dive deep with them. Great reg A+. Take not what others are saying about the extra failure point. I've yet to meet someone who required the extra HP port.
JK

Kennedydive:
Take not what others are saying about the extra failure point. I've yet to meet someone who required the extra HP port.
JK
I agree. If you are maintaining the warranty, and have it servicfe annually, you will not have problems with it. I have never seen one fail on the zeagle's or their apeks DST cousins.
As for the extra HP port, they may have a use depending on your setup. If you are one who uses a wireless transmitter, and want to back it up with analog, there is a use.
Good first stage either way.

Ok, so this is my second post on this thread. You can't go wrong with any of the Zeagle regs for cold water diving as long as you remember to get one that is environmentally sealed and get the second stage designed for cold water as well.

Also, for those that have the Envoy and want to use it in cold water, you can get a conversion kit for it. I just installed one in one of my regs. Been diving it a couple weeks, works great.

I use both Zeagle older Apeks models and their current models. I have had all of my several regs to depths exceeding 300 ft, NO problemo's

Back
Top Bottom