Zeagle ZX 50D Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have owned a 50D for I think about 4 years now and I have only had one experience of a failure. I was diving in Roatan about a year ago at a depth of 80 fsw when it became harder to breathe. I pushed the purge button and nothing happened. The next breath was the last - nothing worked. I switched to my secondary and aborted the dive. When we returned to the dive shop and opened the reg up, it turned out that a spring had somehow slipped out and would not allow the valve to open. It was a bit exciting, but I do not think that I would necessarily blame the reg. I have been very happy with it othewrwise. I have not used it in cold water yet, so I can not address that issue for you. Good luck with your search.

I recently took my 50 D in for service. It was missing a part! I am just a little upset about this.

Has anyone ever experienced this with a Zeagle 50 D before?

It was the anti friction washer.

Thanks!

dive4funOften:
I recently took my 50 D in for service. It was missing a part! I am just a little upset about this.

Has anyone ever experienced this with a Zeagle 50 D before?

It was the anti friction washer.

Thanks!
Haven't lost one in service myself, but you don't have to be a complete idiot to do it. It could have been left in the cleaner or anywhere else. If you promise not to tell scott zeagle... it is not the biggest deal in the world. The Apeks DST first stage (extremely similar reg as I am sure you know) doesn't use one. IMO, if you lube the turret o-ring enough it shouldn't be a big deal. I have had one of those leak after it wasn't used for a while. But after lubing it and throwing it back in it was fine. Failure point my eye! It all comes down to the service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom