Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See, I am just the opposite. I tried the standard harness, but it just isn't comfortable on me. The deluxe harness works a lot better for me....

That's why we make both styles!!!

:)

That is a good point! I think, though if you buy the ET with the deluxe harness it should come with the standard harness too, cause the cost of adding on the deluxe harness or buying it together is pretty much the same! Wish I bought em separate and could try both configurations! My $0.02 :D

Just firstly want to thank everyone in this thread. It's been a very informative and entertaining read.

Secondly, thanks to everyone here, I've decided to get my wife and I an ET each! Had to order everything online though, since we live in Japan (which for some reason retails the ET for wards of US$700!!!). Wanted to get everything as complete as possible for our upcoming honeymoon to Cancun! (Thanks again to this forum, we've opted to dive with Alvaro of alwaysdiving). I also put in an order for two zip touchs. I was wondering though if I should have gone for the ripcord instead, since we dive from 5mm all the way to dry suit here in Japan. Usual weight I have on dry suit is about 8kgs (Think that's about 18lbs or so). The zip tech is rated to 20lbs, so I thought it might be enough, but just thought I'd get your opinions. I liked also how from the pictures the zip touch takes up less space than the ripcord (another factor we decideing to switch to the ET over your standard recreational jacket BCD) We usually dive with weight belts, but since I've read this thread, I've decided to throw in crotch straps into our order too (everything is expensive in Japan). Your thoughts? Any advice?

Sounds good. It should serve you well.

Nice! I'm 5'7 (175cm) and my wife is around 5'5. Both on the light to medium side (I'm more medium). The zip touch should suit her perfectly then. Hopefully it'll suit me too. Thanks again!

ordered my 24lb version today...can't wait for it to get here.

I've been considering this BC for some time and just tried one this evening at my LDS. I think I've read most of the gazilion posts on this thread, but wondering about preferences for weight systems offered. The one I tried had the Zip Touch pouches and they seemed to hug my hip nicely. I'm 5'10" & 175 lb. Also thinking about adding the rear weight pockets for local diving. I typically split 14 lbs between front & rear with an AL80 & 7mm wet suit.

Got my Express Tech Deluxe a few days ago.
Compared to the build quality of other basic, very light wing packages the Express Tech is lightyears ahead. Ive been checking out Zuma and a few of the others, and they just feel like cheap knockoffs in comparison. Sure, theyre a bit lighter and everything, but I would gladly swap those ounces for the insanely robust feel I get from the Zeagle.
Thanks to Gene at ZE; great service, and very accommodating to requests.
Now I am looking forward to The Brothers in Egypt in three weeks: it is the season for hammerhead schools! :D

ordered my 24lb version today...can't wait for it to get here.

looks like i won't be trying one after all...after 10 days and unanswered e-mails...and no firm date on when they will have them, i cancelled my order :(...does anyone have the 24lb in stock????

Back
Top Bottom