Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's what I did, and I think I posted this already, but it's worth repeating.

I put stoppers (triglides) in the webbing so I couldn't over tighten the shoulders which caused the BC to ride high. This keeps the harness a bit loose, just like a BP & Wing. The crotch strap then pulls everything tight against my body as it pulls the waist down. The effect is that the express tech sits lower on your back. How low is a function of how loose you keep the shoulder straps and how tight you make the crotch strap.

Yeah I remember that post (from way back! LOL) so I did the tri glides. Maybe my shoulder straps are too tight then. Is there a rule of thumb for how loose to make em? I think I have some extra webbing to make a crotch strap, maybe ill try that, was just hoping I could do without. Would the one cam band hold the tank ok?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yeah I remember that post (from way back! LOL) so I did the tri glides. Maybe my shoulder straps are too tight then. Is there a rule of thumb for how loose to make em?
Experiment my friend. Again, the looser the shoulder straps, the lower the unit will sit on your back.

I think I have some extra webbing to make a crotch strap, maybe ill try that, was just hoping I could do without. Would the one cam band hold the tank ok?
Again, experiment and go with what you feel comfortable with.

Wanting to buy two for me and my wife. Couple of questions for you nice folks. I read the entire thread.

1. Why do some greatly prefer the donut over the horseshoe? I don't follow the difference and seems the cylinder wouldn't rest as ergonomically on top of the base of a donut.

2. What are the essential differences between the two Zeagle weight systems you can add to the ET?

3. Can the hose be swapped for a shorter one when you buy for the same price?

I have to admit I am sold, but concerned about the tank hitting my head.

And I second wanting to see pics of other folks' set up with regs and gauges in place.

Thanks in advance!

1. Why do some greatly prefer the donut over the horseshoe? I don't follow the difference and seems the cylinder wouldn't rest as ergonomically on top of the base of a donut.
It's a great solution to a non-existent problem. :D I have dove both and have had no trouble with either system. Some feel it's easier to keep both sides equal with the donut.

2. What are the essential differences between the two Zeagle weight systems you can add to the ET?
There are actually three. Either of the front loading systems work great. Rather than use the pockets on either side of the tank, I use a single XS pocket on the top band. It works best for me.

3. Can the hose be swapped for a shorter one when you buy for the same price?
Yes, just ask your LDS when you buy it.

Netdoc-

you should have something in your signature like: "10,236 Express Tech customers helped to date" LOL

Netdoc-

you should have something in your signature like: "10,236 Express Tech customers helped to date" LOL
I don't know that I've helped THAT many, but it's a great solution and it's easy enough to configure if you take your time.

Some people are loyal to a brand but if you look at my rig, I dive the Zeagle Express Tech for my BC, Atomic M regulators, Batfins from OMS, an off brand mask (it fits) and my wetsuit is from WetWear. I try to find the very best piece of kit for each aspect of my diving. In the latest swing of events, Huish just acquired Zeagle and they also own Atomic. I guess that consolidates who I get gear from for the moment. Go figure!

Thanks for the info!

Still not sure what the differences in the three Zeagle weight systems are. :) I don't have these at my LDS.

What is the consensus on floating with the ET? That is my wife's biggest concern - fighting any tendency to be pushed face down on the surface. Are folks able to comfortably rest at the surface?

This is true of ANY back inflated BCD: Don't overweight yourself so you have to use all of your inflation at the surface. It's really only an issue if you inflate the thing so full that you start hearing BCD farts.

I can fully inflate mine at surface and not pitch forward. Helps having the integrated weights rather than weight belt too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom