13 cuft pony for duck dives. Is it possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(have seen it on kid's snorkels).

You have seen it, now you understand the problem.

I goofed a 40-50 lb. class dolphin offshore today, I am speechless :11:.

The fish was in the weeds at POINT BLANK range, I was nose to nose about 3 feet away from it when I first spotted it hovering in the weeds. Never fired my gun. :shakehead:

SO... as I'm trying to figure out my problem today I will refrain from further "expertise " on any matter. It truly was an abomination...

You have seen it, now you understand the problem.

I goofed a 40-50 lb. class dolphin offshore today, I am speechless :11:.

The fish was in the weeds at POINT BLANK range, I was nose to nose about 3 feet away from it when I first spotted it hovering in the weeds. Never fired my gun. :shakehead:

SO... as I'm trying to figure out my problem today I will refrain from further "expertise " on any matter. It truly was an abomination...

Would you mind discussing the hows of hunting dolphin offshore?

Do you just randomly dive on weed lines, or do you first linefish to locate them? I'm intrigued by the idea.

Sam,

When targeting lobsters I always freedive too. One of the great things about freediving for lobsters is that you can cover ground very quickly and you might find that dragging a pony with you could work to your disadvantage when it comes to searching them. When searching for lobster I find myself upside down, manuevering in between coral heads & around seafans, cruising inches above the sand looking under ledges, lying down in the sand with both arms extended forward working the lobster. For me, having a pony slung under my arm would be a distraction and hinder my manueverability.

I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing provided you are very careful and stay in very shallow water. If you stick with just freediving I think you will find that your freediving ability will improve very quickly and soon you will not need the pony at all, however, if you find using the pony bottle is more fun for you then by all means go for it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom