2 incidents that occurred a week apart last summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome info. Thanks! Yeah I started looking into the advanced nitrox/deco classes.. Out here each class is $850!!!!' (about 650-700u.s. dollars) which is unreal ha. I'd have to do it in the states sometime but Looks like I need more dives and cash first to qualify. I am interested in the fun does class and have followed closely many of your posts/comments about it.

racerx, you're going to find that technical classes all cost that much. GUE Fundamentals here in Seattle is $650. BTW, you have an excellent GUE instructor local to you, Gideon Liew.

#1. Practice out of air emergencies.

#2. I suck at physics, but the math is 120 +33/33 = 4.64 x .33 = 1.53, way too high a P-O2 for doing anything other than decompression at rest, in my opinion. You should have sat that dive out. It's important to be able to do the Dalton's diamond calculation on the fly if you're going to dive mixed gasses. For dives in that depth range, you need more gas than a single cylinder and 27 or 28% will be fine up to 130-140 with a max p-o2 of around 1.4. Destinations often get changed on dive boats and you're better off being prepared for a slightly deeper dive. If you take advanced nitrox/decompression procedures or the equivalant so you can decompress with o-2 and get out of the water in a reasonable time. Good luck!

Lynn-
Cool ill check it out. Ya I noted that regarding tech classes, just that ours total $300 more than the same classes in the states, along with everything else dive-related here.. a bit annoying

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom