2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday 8/7 - Enjoying working out during the day... Today, however, I lost my tracking on the elliptical because I had to jump off in order to help another gym member. Alas. I believe I did about 40 minutes, and a little over 3 miles. Unsure about the # of calories though, unfortunately.

Tomorrow - DIVING!!!

Glad to hear that you are getting some good BTs in! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Saturday 8/8 - Diving! Water temps were 52 degrees and I did two dives, both approximately 35 minutes - need to check my computer. Depths between 60 and 100'.

Sunday 8/9 - Elliptical (38 minutes) - 3.0 miles and approximately 456 calories. Treadmill (13 minutes), .65 miles and approximately 136 calories.

Hi SB Fitness Gang!

I have just returned from Turks and Caicos Islands. 25 dives in 9 days including one night dive. 2 dives in West Caicos, the rest in Grand Turk. Relaxed, walked on the beach, strolled through town, snorkeled and watched sunsets. No tv, no phones of any kind, no news. Didn't gain any weight. Made good food choices most of the time. Had a room with a small kitchen and went to the market the first day into Grand Turk. This made a big difference on food choices. Fresh and ready to get back into fitness routine and stay in shape for next dive trip. Probably in November.

Hope the dog days of Summer aren't slowing you down.

gma

Scubafit - that sounds wonderful! As for Dog Days - we don't really get them here in SF. :) Fortunate really because heat tends to make me really lazy. :)

Monday 8/10 - Resistance training at home. 30 minutes, approximately 170 calories.

After almost two weeks away from lifting, vacation is now over and it’s time to get back at it!

Tonight we did the following skills:

Snatch Balance
Snatch Drop
Overhead Squat

Snatch Footwork (Drop from jump position into the squat position)

Snatch Shrugs

Back Squats

It wasn’t quite like starting over tonight, but it was a nice easy re-introduction to the skills. I'm a creature of habit, so the last couple of weeks without consistent exercise sure would make it easy to slip back into bad habits and slug-like behaviors.

Today went on the eclipse machine for 60 minutes. Gonna go back to hardcore exercise, I gained about 25 pounds and like to go back down.

I don't wanna be dead!

Tonight we focused on achieving basic positions. We still need lots of remedial work... lol!

Footwork and controlling the width of our feet in the squat.

Snatch Balance
Snatch Drop
Overhead Squat

Snatch Deadlift with heavy focus on back and chest positioning
Clean Deadlift
The Deadlifts were done from progressively lower boxes to work into lower positions.

Good Mornings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom