2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks WB. I read your workout reports and get so confused by what I read, simply because I don't know your terminology, so I can't 'visualize' your workouts, what they entail, etc. No need to explain though, unless you really want to.

Wednesday 7/29 - Worked out in the evening as I lacked the motivation yesterday morning. Elliptical (38 minutes), 2.94 miles and 445 calories.

If you know what a Snatch or a Clean & Jerk is, most of the stuff I do is just "skills development" for those.... my progress is slow because I've started doing this stuff when I was old, so I have to spend a bunch of time on the skills part... lol

Each skill is a subset of the entire lift, or something to build "muscle memory" for a particular portion of the lift.

Snatch
YouTube - Olympic Team Trials '08: Snatch #1 - 124 kg

Clean & Jerk
YouTube - Olympic Team Trials '08: Clean & Jerk #1 - 165 kg

Generally speaking, the coach works on the skills from the top (overhead) down (floor), and most technical (snatch-technique skills) to least technical (deadlifts, squats) as the workout progresses.

Thursday's Workout:
Cycled about 50 miles on the new Touring Bike loaded down with about 30# of gear/stuff in the panniers.... needed nap when finished.

Once it is put in snatch and clean jerk language, I understand. Interesting to know that working on the skills aspects is harder as you get older. Very interesting, and thank you for the explanations and videos!

Friday 7/31 AM - Elliptical (38 minutes) - 2.93 miles and just over 440 calories.

Saturday 8/1 - Brought in the month of August with some diving. 2 dives, both approximately 40 minutes, water temp 52 degrees.

Sunday 8/2 - Elliptical (38 minutes), 2.99 miles and approximately 453 calories. Treadmill (35 minutes), 1.82 miles and approximately 295 calories.

Boynton Beach, FL

Monday:
Spent about 2 hours in the water on two dives... wreck dive and reef dive. Temperature varied from 84-88F. Went without a wetsuit today, so when the 84F hit, it felt quite chilly. I've never seen the shimmer of the thermocline before on a warm water dive.

Sounds wonderful. I love it when you can see the thermoclines, although they can make you quite chilly. Even in 84 I still wear a wetsuit, albeit a 3mm. Going from a 7mm plus a hooded vest, 3mm is like heaven. :)

On a workout front, I haven't been too good. I have been distracted over the last week and just not getting up and getting moving. Need to change it.

Tuesday 8/4- Pilates DVD at home.

Wednesday 8/5- Elliptical (38 minutes), 435 calories and 2.91 miles. Followed up with some leg strengthening on the machines, but only a few minutes. Trying to ensure that my quads are strong as it might be a cause of some of the knee issues that I have been experiencing (has been historically, although it was a different ache then). Anyhow! Followed up with a pilates DVD at home (20 minutes).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom