2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love that little camera.

Sunday 7/19 - Had a hard time getting into it this afternoon. Resulted in 45 minutes on the elliptical. 3.55 miles and approximately 525 calories. Time for some pilates - joy. Actually, I really do enjoy the pilates. :) Happy Sunday!

Cycled 20 miles.
Ave Speed 15 mph
Max Speed 19 mph
Good test for upgraded chain and cassette on the Road Bike.

We met some cool folks on the trail tonight from Project Tandem, and wrote about them in our blog.
http://wb416.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/cycling-ft-ancient-to-corwin/

Hearing that they had cycled over 10000 miles in the past 10 months made me think our 20 miles tonight was a pittance... lol

Last edited:
A concern of mine is creeping in. I have my 1st solo evidentiary hearing and the stress and need to work all the time to prepare is creeping in, resulting in decreased motivation (or perceived time) to workout. So, yesterday I didn't work out. Need to be more conscious of the fact that the exercise helps me more than stressing about work for the 30 minutes or what not.

Tuesday 7/21 AM - Back to the gym despite being exhausted. 38 minutes on the elliptical. 2.99 miles and approximately 465 calories. ARH 138.

Started off with Overhead Squats ?65 x 8 x 3. I think the weight was around 65# and higher, but not sure.

Next thing was work on Hang Snatch. Having trouble with my foot work, so we lightened the weight, and then kept hammering on the hang snatch, catching in as deep a squat as possible. My shoulders were feeling really good tonight, so rather than moving on to other exercises, we kept cranking out sets of 8 until we were pretty tired from all the explosive moves.

Finished up with explosive Snatch Deadlifts from the “deep” squat-like starting position. It wasn’t until my last rep that I finally got to the point where I got really good back arch with my a$$ really low on the start of the pull.

I was “plum-tuckered out” after about an hour of this, so we called it a night even though Chris had more things on the list that we could have worked on. With the fatigue, didn’t figure anything else good could be gained tonight.

Great practice and starting to finally get a good feel for some of the Snatching movements! Woohoo!!

Congrats WB416 on getting a good feel for the movements you are working on. That's great.

Tuesday 7/21 PM - Did some upper body resistance training at home last night for about 20 minutes. Felt nice to kind of blow off some steam after a kind of long and annoying day. :)

Wednesday 7/22 AM - Woke up this AM with the intention of getting to the gym to do a full hour of cardio before work. Ended up getting through 50 minutes on the treadmill - I can't remember the specifics of the calories, miles, etc. I think it was around 400 calories and about 3.1 miles, but I can't remember too well. Not that it matters. About 20 minutes into the workout, I started thinking about work and what I had put on the backburner and forgotten about, so I started stressing out about that and it kind of messed with my ability to concentrate. I still did 50 minutes though (with additional time for walking to and from the gym), so I feel pretty good about that.

Sarita... Good luck with your current proceedings!

Feeling some DOMS from yesterday’s workout, so for “rest day” did an easy 2K Row in 9:39. Felt good… need to use same technique for a PR sometime.

My 2K Row PR is 9:09 a couple of weeks ago, and was 9:49 in June. Applying some new techniques from watching Rowing videos, today’s 9:39 was particularly easy… not even breathing that hard. Need to “pedal to the metal” sometime soon using this effective “low strokes per minute, high power output” methodology.

Thanks WB!

Thursday 7/23 AM - Elliptical (38 minutes) - 3.04 miles (best time yet!) and approximately 470 calories. And now time for work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom