2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cycled 15 miles from Kingsview to Morrow and back on flat trails. I was feeling spunky, but Penny just needed an active recovery day, so I slowed down from my “bulldozer” 18mph start and focused on keeping my cadence high around 105-110 rpm.

Time: 1hr 5min
Ave Speed: 13.8 mph
Max Speed: 21 mph

Pullups:
35 Black Band pullups

Was tired when back from the ride, but wanted some reps on the pullups, but nothing too fatiguing.

Sounds like a nice ride that you had. I headed out with my work colleagues for drinks this evening. I had one Mai Tai which was pretty nice, followed up with a ton of water. I don't think I blew it too much. Came home and did 40 minutes of a a-- kicking pilates DVD which I think was more advanced than I am ready for. That being said, I was able to do most of the exercises, although I was groaning and modifying some of them to tone down the intensity a bit. Off to bed now, gym in the am.

Tuesday 7/14 AM - Elliptical (38 minutes). 466 calories and 2.99 miles. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't make 3 miles, but that's life. My overall 'per mile' time is improving, which I like.

That being said, I seem to have hit my 1st plateau with my weight removal. I have been hovering around the same # for about 8 days now. I am not feeling frustrated by it, but need to figure out what to do to get myself past it....

Today’s practice at the gym continued to target my problem areas.
Tonight’s Skills:
Overhead Squats
55# x 8
60# x 8
65# x 8

Hang Snatch “Shrugs” (explosively)
115 x 5
120 x 5

Lifted from boxes. Started 3 high first, then removed one box.
120 x 5
135 x 5

Front Squats
135# x 5 x 2

then Goblet Squats
45#DB x 5
Focused on upright back posture.

Romanian Deadlifts
115# x 5 x 2
135# x 5 x 2

Mannnnnnn ... wow. How long does all of that take you? Do you do a warm up first?

Takes about an hour... I did two 500m Rows at home first, then stretching at the club. Doing the Overhead Squats with relatively light weight is also a good way to warm up my body. The only thing the OHS really stresses is my "relatively" weak shoulders/wrists.

Thursday 7/16 AM - Elliptical (38 minutes). Finally got 3.0 miles in that time frame, which made me pretty excited. 466 calories.

Thursday 7/16 PM - Pilates DVD for 33 minutes. It was pretty painful (in a good way)....

Last edited:
Thursday's workout:

• Snatch Balance
  • Snatch Drop
  • Overhead Squat
  • Triplet of the three above

• Hang Clean “Shrugs” (explosively)
  • Front Squats
  • Romanian Deadlifts
I don’t remember the weights or reps used. Waited too long to write them down and memory fails me, but it was a tiring 90 minute workout.

In general, I’m feeling better about my upright posture in the front squat and overhead squat, but need to focus more on my ankle flexibility now.

We were on the Mountain Bikes tonight while our road bikes are at the shop, so we toyed around with them and did some Sprint, Rest, Sprint, Rest type activities.

Road about 8.5 miles and at the end did our favorite “Hill of Death”. Didn’t go all the way to the top, but wanted to finish toasting our quads and getting the heart rate up!

Friday 7/17 - Due in court early this morning and I didn't make it into the gym. Did pilates this afternoon for 25 minutes. Back to the gym in the morning tomorrow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom