2009 tahoe benchmark posted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!

Thanks for seeing that the updated version of the 2009 Benchmark has been re-released. Our apologies for the delay, this has truly been an exceptionally long winter, and we completed the testing of the factory UV-26 as quickly as we could.

The Tahoe Benchmark grew from our own curiosity: just what was the real ranges of our personal scooters? The Benchmark grew from this, and in it's current iteration, we have difficulty completing testing in a week. As much as we would truly love to add several other testing criteria, such as was suggested above (maneuverability), we are task loaded to reliably investigate such simple parameters such as range and speed.

If there are ANY questions about the testing, please, ask them! We'll answer them to the best of our ability.

All the best, James

You guys need any "Fat Dude N00b" helpers for the 2010? You know get some wider range of data points :wink:

I was not aware swim fins are necessary to steer a technical DPV . I assumed it would steer as easily as the one built by myself . Yes a slow scissor kick will increase your speed noticeable at 2.5 + mph . My idea with a obstacle course would surely fit in the real world use as one would maneuver around objects and make 90 and 180 degree turns

I can tell you that fins are not mandatory to make a dive with an Apollo AV-1.

If however your intent is to make a nice, easy, graceful, long range dive with an AV-1 (or AV-2) you need fins.

Yes, I made one AV-1 dive without fins. I know better now. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom