360° Video option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divinycell 100.

Oh, BTW, there are a lot of 3D videos on my channel too. Are you using H2's or H3+B's?

I have been using the Hero2 and Hero 3+ but i always end up with a flood at some point making it impossible to shoot with my Hero3+ and my Hero 2's fail half the time. I have a lot of footage but have not got around to rendering it. I'm going to check out some of your 3d stuff!

I lost my H2's to a serious flood a few years ago.

I had two leaks that wetted my H3+B's, but they survived unscathed. I use fishing line as a safety lanyard holding my cameras to the tray and the stray end of one of my Kodak SP360's lanyard was getting trapped in the GoPro 3D housing door seal!!!!! Figured it out the second time when I spotted bubbles coming out as the case leaked.

I did two dives Saturday and am uploading videos of the first as I type---360 View from the SP360s, and both 2D and 3D renders from my GoPros. Should be published later tonight.

FWIW: My understanding is RECSEA is soon to release an underwater camera housing for Dual KODAK SP360 4K, they are field testing in Bali this weekend

Oh 360 is actually my day job. I bought a few Keymission 360s as preorder and they were not cutting it. Returned them all. "4K" is just not good enough for 360. An "affordable" setup will be 6 GoPros, you can buy the refurb 4s on GoPro.com for about $200 each and then buy a 360 rig. The setup will set you back about $1500 but you'll get pretty decent 360 videos.

Hope that helps.
-The Knockout Diver aka Mad Hatter VR

I just attended Sea Rovers this past weekend and in the vendors table area they were showing a fun 3D shark video at one of the booths that they said was filmed with two go pros.

Back
Top Bottom