Adjusting the backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter,

I like to redo on the site. I like the dry glove/sock soultion.

Eric

I was ranting about DIR/F's poor materials, and lo and behold, here are some of the very things I was looking for.

I'll say it again - this board rules.

Leadweight, you are the man. Keep beating that drum, and stirring the pot. Too funny.

K

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Great site!

My favorite is the dump valve modification, step 6....color the cave line black with a permanent marker....because black is safer! :rolleyes:

Peter doesn't actually say this, but it's a well know Truth that white cave line attracts ... well, Great Whites. In fact, the early pioneers of this dump valve modification had quite a challenge as a result. Their dumping was greatly improved, but every time they dove ... well, they didn't come back .... Nobody could figure it out until Peter painted his line black.

Now, "they" say it's all about Rule #6 but I thought somebody should know the Truth (for remember, the Truth will set U free).

~<//><

Because you guys are so nice to me :spank: I added a page about how to rig your stage/decobottles.

It's for those who wants 110% control and don't care about Halcyon's stage bottle kit - or if you are converting some old s***ke-bottles (and already have the hardware) or maybe you just want to save a nickel or two...

It's here:
http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/stagebottle_rigging.html

Enjoy!

Best,
Peter Steinhoff

I just purchased a BP/W set-up and got some great tips from people on the board. The pictures help a lot, and I was able to (hopefully) get everything situated correctly. Thanks!

peter_steinhoff once bubbled...
A lot of people don't know how to adjust their backplate properly.

Common mistakes are to have long shoulder straps which makes the plate ride to low

OK. Sounds great. Now on to real life. I’m 6’6”. If I can touch the top of the backplate, the waist belt is just below my chest ( still on my rib cage.) When I asked the Halcyon folks about this at a recent show, they said “That’s no problem just loosen the shoulder straps”. AKA “Long shoulder straps”. Oh and by the way it’s one size fits all. Let’s see that configuration.

Anyone showing a waist belt around the ribs is up for a lawsuit involving a drowning victim that can’t breath due to the harness. Yes, it has happened.

kingprawn once bubbled...

OK. Sounds great. Now on to real life. I’m 6’6”. If I can touch the top of the backplate, the waist belt is just below my chest ( still on my rib cage.) When I asked the Halcyon folks about this at a recent show, they said “That’s no problem just loosen the shoulder straps”. AKA “Long shoulder straps”. Oh and by the way it’s one size fits all. Let’s see that configuration.

Anyone showing a waist belt around the ribs is up for a lawsuit involving a drowning victim that can’t breath due to the harness. Yes, it has happened.

Sounds to me like you need a longer BP. Talk to FredT and he can hook you up with a size that fits your frame better. For short folks, he also makes a compacted version. And for the record, he told me via PM that all of his plates are compatible with virtually all wings and other hardware, including Halcyon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom