Advantages of Wrist Mount Computer vs Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HardHead once bubbled...
One more question for the wrist fans. Do you wear it so your palm is up or down when reading it?

I dive dry and my Vytec is mounted on my right forearm at an angle slightly inward so I don't actually have to move my arm at all to read it. If I stretch my arm outward I can easily see what's happening. I just switched my compass to wristmount as the console thing was a major PITA...I'm being assimilated piece by piece...resistance is indeed futile. :eek:ut:

My hoseless is on a retractor - I clip the LPI hose through the retractor ring. My "wrist" computer sits on my Air Source 2. Always readily available - within 18 inches of my face.

Well gents, I use both. I have the Mares MC1 console as my main computer. I also wear a Citizen Hyper Aqualand Dive watch and a Mares Compass on my right wrist. But bottom line is that this sport allows us to configure our instruments in a way that makes us feel comfortable. That is an individual decision. I like the fact that we have so many good and approved options. Enjoy the versatility.

:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom