Advice on cozumel dive for beginners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use Caribbean Divers. Excellent staff and they work great with new divers. We take lots of groups, with lots of new divers to Cozumel every year. http://www.caribbeandiverscozumel.com/
Our new divers rave about the service & the dives. They won't take chances with new divers either, they will always go the safest route but give you fantastic dives and service. They keep their groups small too. No cattle-boat trips with them.

Have a fantastic trip and look forward to reading your trip report.
Happy diving!

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

Going to Cancun in about a week and a half, my friend is getting married there. I want to go over to Coz for atleast a day to see the reefs and sealife. Have read alot of post and most of the dive ops look really respectable and I would prefer a small group. My timing is limited cause I get in Cancun on Sunday, my friends wedding is Tues. and I leave Friday. I was thinking of taking a trip to Coz Sunday night, get a room for the evening and then head back to mainland Monday night. With all the issues regarding flying after dives I don't want to push it going Thursday and flying early Friday afternoon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scubawife:
I'm not a puker and very glad of that.(Or at least I have never puked on a boat yet) It can be a miserable experience and a lonnnng ride from Coz to PDC on a dive boat for anyone prone to seasickness.

FWIW, it's no farther from the central hotel zone to PDC than it is from there to the southern Coz dive sites. Rougher, maybe, from the lack of shelter from the island, but the distance is about the same (~12 miles).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom