Advice on Koh Tao dive shops needed ASAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:eek:fftopic:
:hijack:

SB Staff involved as well??? how disgusting.:D

You've been to Tao, LK, so surely you know that prodigious beer-drinking + scuba is far from off-topic where that island is concerned. This can easily be seen as an effort to give the OP a little sample of the 'Culture of Tao' :D

Well, I'm with Quero. I don't like warm Heineken :wink:

On Tao I highly recommend New Way Diving for that little extra. Besides, they leave earlier than the other boats - means you have to wake up earlier (not a problem if you're not out drinking warm Heineken all night) and also means fewer divers on the sites :D

Just my opinion, enjoy your vacation :)
Karin

Master Divers and Scuba Junction are good choices. I also prefer New Way Diving. I really like how they are the first boat out in the morning. Having Chumpon or South West all to yourself is worth waking up early for.

Hi, I would also recommend Master Divers in Mae Haad for a really good dive shop. There are so many accommodation choices, depends on your budget. You can PmM if you like. If you do get chance I would say to try and go to the west coast as well for diving. The diving is improving in Koh Tao they are seeing many weird and wonderful small things - check out master divers blog!

You've been to Tao, LK, so surely you know that prodigious beer-drinking + scuba is far from off-topic where that island is concerned. This can easily be seen as an effort to give the OP a little sample of the 'Culture of Tao' :D

You can't go off topic , diving/beer go together,

Can you imagine a great dive in warm clear water and NOT having a cold beer? you lot are weird! in fact a ****ty dive in murky horrible water as well.

i was on a boat once where the crew said drinking cold water brought on DCS, so all that was available was warm water, bloody hell, i thought it was a blag because they'd run out of drinks, but they were serious

Off to Dahab very soon where we've installed a Koh Tao diver who knows how to do it, can't wait.

dive with someone that DOESN'T drive you to the brink touting on the ride over.
eliminate all the shops that tout on the pier, too.
and the ones that have been leaving underwater adverts at dive sites (it's been 6 months, but I swear I counted 3 sites with metal signs touting a shop)

hmmm... doesn't leave many shops.

Wait, here's one to throw in the mix. No vested interest here, just an alternative to the suggestions so far.

Impian Divers. Down a few doors from Master Divers. You can stick you noggin in both shops on one quick walk and see two very different operations. I can only think of people I liked that worked at either.

Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom