Advice on TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go and look up skills to practice before you do the course it could be a disaster if you can't maintain buoyancy while tales loaded. The whole key to the class is buoyancy and task loading. If you have that down pat you'll be fine to do it compressed

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Go and look up skills to practice before you do the course it could be a disaster if you can't maintain buoyancy while tales loaded. The whole key to the class is buoyancy and task loading. If you have that down pat you'll be fine to do it compressed

That isn't always the case. I have seen countless tech divers (and instructors) with piss poor buoyancy control and trim. You would be amazed how many can't do a backdown.

Ha ha ha I guess your right hopefully the instructor you get will instill that you have to preform at the level required by the course and doesn't just rubber stamps you

That isn't always the case. I have seen countless tech divers (and instructors) with piss poor buoyancy control and trim. You would be amazed how many can't do a backdown.

Sad but true. What's even more sad are the graduates who copy the poor skills of the instructor.

You would be amazed how many can't do a backdown.

AFAIK, this is not a skill taught in the class, nor is it a formal requirement for graduation (even though not having that skill admittedly makes life more difficult, as I personally found out).

In which class? Via which agency? AFAIK almost every intro to tech course introduces this skill...is it unrealistic to ask that a diver is capable of doing it properly prior to getting a card?

In which class? Via which agency?

The one discussed here... TDI AN/DP.

AFAIK almost every intro to tech course introduces this skill... is it unrealistic to ask that a diver is capable of doing it properly prior to getting a card?

I have no idea what's realistic, and I don't disagree with your statement, I'm simply pointing out that to the best of my knowledge, it's not a formal requirement... I could be wrong. If it indeed isn't, maybe it should be? Although, I can't imagine how you could cram it into the course curriculum, which is already packed, without making the class even longer.

What's a "backdown"?
Back kick, reverse, whatever you want to call it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom