Aeris 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased an Aeris Atmos 2 for my wife, and she used it for the first time last weekend.

The ascent alarm only went off once (or did she say twice?) and wasn't very loud. We've been annoyed at the frequent and loud alarms of other divers before, so we were pleased that the alarm wasn't too loud or too sensitive and could be turned off if needed.

We purchased the wrist unit, and weren't sure if we'd use it as a wrist computer or replace our air-only computer currently in the gauge mount. One of the two buttons on the Aeris 2 is on the side, so putting it in our current gauge boot won't be practical.

I was hoping we could purchase a guage boot and the computer without buying another pressure gauge and compass, but it doesn't look like that's possible.

We are happy with the computer, especially considering its reasonable price.

scubaknight:
Kool.. How reliable is that. Haven't heard any reviews on it.

Generally they are reliable. There have been some instances where people have reported momentary (a few minutes or more) loss of signal. The wrist unit will reacquire the signal in most cases. There were a few posts a while back where one or two people had serious problems with signal loss, but Aeris replaced/repaired the transmitter and everything was fine.

I have an Elite, and I also have a back-up mini gauge setup clipped to my BC.

scubaknight:
I met a friend who had the aeris 2 and he loved it. But I was interested in the Aeris Elite. However, I didn't know how the hose-less adaptor works. How is connected to the cylinder and then to the watch. I apologize for my ingnorance in advance.

Actually not a radio transmitter, RF does not work underwater. Instead its a form of magnetic impulsing that does it - but either way.

Hoseless computers got a bad rap several years ago due to occassional signal loss, but the new ones have updated transmitters and a newly designed receiver and are extremelly dependable.

I was talking to Dan (president of Aeris) yesterday, and he has extended a special on the Aeris starting today, where we can drop the price by $100 - still with full manufacturers warranty. So now we have the Aeris Elite Dive Computer for $699.95

I've been using several different Aeris computers for a while now - and while I did have problems with the older 750 GT Hoseless loosing signal now and then, the Elites have been extremely dependable. The only real time you might loose signal is if you have a strong electro magnetic field between the receiver and the transmitter... For example a Scooter running may block the signal. But as soon as you stop, the air pressure will pop back in.

How does the wrist mount atmos 2 compare with the suunto mosquito? I'm trying to decide between the two.

scubatoys:
Actually not a radio transmitter, RF does not work underwater. Instead its a form of magnetic impulsing that does it - but either way.

Yes, I miss-spoke or typed. I know it wasn't RF (I've read the manual about four times so far). I was trying to imply a transmitter of some sort was at work. Anyway thanks for the correction.

Oh by the way, Larry I'm glad I bought a pakage form you so I can't tell exactly what you charged me for my Elite, because $599 is a sweet deal and probably less than what you could sell to me at the time. I can't be too upset though because you save me a boat load any way.

Kestrell:
Yes, I miss-spoke or typed. I know it wasn't RF (I've read the manual about four times so far). I was trying to imply a transmitter of some sort was at work. Anyway thanks for the correction.

Oh by the way, Larry I'm glad I bought a pakage form you so I can't tell exactly what you charged me for my Elite, because $599 is a sweet deal and probably less than what you could sell to me at the time. I can't be too upset though because you save me a boat load any way.

Ooops... Typo.. 699... but yes we probably even had it lower than that on your package by the time we look at everything you got. Hope everythng's working out!

I am considering this computer as well. Does this computer do complete decompression stop data like the Cobra? Just curious what the difference was between this and the Cobra and why the Cobra is so much more expensive. ??? Is it the AI only that makes it that much more?

Our Aeris 2 lets you know if you exceeded no decompression diving and tells you how long you need to stop at different depths. My Atmos Pro has actually done that for me, and the instructions claim that the Atmos 2 does it as well.

I read through a PDF of the Aeris 2 manual at www.diveaeris.com before I ordered it .

From what I've seen, air integrated computers are considerably more expensive. My budget will keep me using an analog pressure gauge.

TravisT:
I am considering this computer as well. Does this computer do complete decompression stop data like the Cobra? Just curious what the difference was between this and the Cobra and why the Cobra is so much more expensive. ??? Is it the AI only that makes it that much more?

That is why the Aeris Atmos 2 Wrist Computer is $268, but the Aeris Elite AI with Transmitter is $699.

Aside from the wireless and AI functions - the basic computer part is exactly the same.

scubatoys:
Ooops... Typo.. 699... but yes we probably even had it lower than that on your package by the time we look at everything you got. Hope everythng's working out!

Everything is great. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom