Aeris 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been through three Atmos2 computers....they all died after only a few dives. This was about 2 years ago...maybe they got the bugs worked out. I gave up and switched to a different manufacturer. Search the forum and you'll find one of my posts.

I'm also on my 3rd Atmos 2 computer. I know others have found Aeris' customer service to be good, however, my personal experience with them was some of the worst customer service I ever experienced from any company.

I didn't even think Aeris Atmos 2 came out that long ago. I purchased my Aeris Atmos Pro (similar to the Aeris 2) a litte over two years ago. It's been great, and I always was under the impression that Aeris had a good reputation.

If others have had problems, I'd like to know. I'm thinking of upgrading my computer within the next year or two; and until reading the above post, I almost surely would have purchased another Aeris product.

If fact my wife just purchased an Atmos 2. I guess time will tell.

bought new lost signal on ALL dives somtimes up to ten minutes!! Bought from scuba toys.com took it back no prob and payed difference for uwatec air z it has never lost a signal.Have used in pool or lake only will test in sept on the Flower Gardens. But so far I trust it...

Girlfriend and I have the Atmos 2 (not AI). Dove with it this weekend and it's slick and easy to read, especially on the wrist. Wearing 3mm gloves I didn't have any problem manipulating the buttons. With a 5mm hood on though I can't hear the audible alarm. Still getting used to all the read outs but at the price of 268 I couldn't pass it up.

I have had an Aeris 2 console (w/ quick disconnect) since they first came out a couple years ago. I have had no problems with it. Its easy to use and and the display is pretty intuitive. I just bought a wrist mount aeris 2 for my girlfriend to use when we dive together. And I will use it as my backup when diving without her - which is the vast majority of my dives.

On Satuday I dove with my new Atmos 2 for the first time.

Took the advice from others I have read on this board and put it on my right wrist so my left hand was free to handle my BC's inflator.

Really like the computer. Easy to read, probably looked at it too much, but since I dive mainly quarries, it was great to know my depth all the time without having to unhook my console and it was really nice when coming up and stopping at 15 feet and coming up at the right rate too!!!

I'll probably look into getting the PC adapter fro it so I can download directly into my cmoputer and see my dive in more "real" time.

Great unit, good price.

Jeff

Has anyone used the software and download kit for the Aeris 2?

Does the software work like a dive log where you can manually add information like dive site name, buddy, notes, etc? Did the software work well? Was it useful?

Can you manually add dives not done with the Aeris 2 computer?

My wife just got an Aeris 2. I'm thinking about getting one as well. If the software can be used as our dive logs, I think I'll be sold.

I believe the Air Integrated equivalent of the Aeris 2 is the Aeris Elite. I read some posts regarding lost signals and PSI readouts. That wouldn't be relevant to the Aeirs 2. Aeris 2 users still need an analog pressure gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom