Aeris 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using the download software for a year now for the Atmos 2. Yes to all: You can manually add info such as location, buddy, notes (memo), etc...

As far as the software itself, a little buggy. When downloading dives, you pick up the index of all stored dives, and select which ones to download. If you pick say, 6 dives to download, it will go through the motions of downloading each dive, then when finished, it will tell you "downloaded 6 dives successfully". When you look at your dive log, you may or may not see all of them. In which case you have to download again.

Why the software tells you one thing, then displays another is beyond me. It must not verify the log against the download. I wrote Aeris tech support about it, and have to agree with other posts on this thread. They are not the best.

Their response to me were to the effect of: "We continue to strive to perfect our products, and are proud of them". What???

No answers to my issues at all. And after writing to them multiple times about wanting help with this issue, and getting the same canned reply, I gave up, and just deal with the ideosynchrocy.

I'm still very happy with the computer and dive log software overall. Bujt their tech support sucks!

I bought one from scubatoys.com and am very pleased with it. I have used it for nitrox and works great. This is my first computer and it is great. They only thing I didn't like about it was the wrist strap is too freakin long. Good luck and this it a great choice for the price.

MSP:
I bought one from scubatoys.com and am very pleased with it. I have used it for nitrox and works great. This is my first computer and it is great. They only thing I didn't like about it was the wrist strap is too freakin long. Good luck and this it a great choice for the price.

I hear ya MSP. I have a console Aeris 2. I bought a wrist module from ST for my backup/girlfriend. We opened the box and and started laughing. I can easily fit the strap around the largest section of my calf. :11:

She uses the 2nd hole in the strap when its on her wrist. Which means there is 8+ inches flopping around. I'll trim it after I dive it with my dry suit this weekend.

hex92:
I hear ya MSP. I have a console Aeris 2. I bought a wrist module from ST for my backup/girlfriend.

I wish I had a backup girlfriend. :eyebrow:

Apparently there will be a new version in 2005. That's the answer I got when I asked when they were going to replace their out-dated software.

hex92:
I bought a wrist module from ST for my backup/girlfriend.

The wife didn't find it funny when I mentioned that other people have backup girlfriends and I wanted one too. Oh well.

I just bought my Atmos 2 from Scubatoys and have put on four dives with another three coming up this weekend. I am very satisfied so far. Best things about it so far is ease of use and clear display. Very easy.

Joe

That IS a large strap! I may wear it on my left bicep so I can see it when I have the inflator in the "way up" position!

hex92:
I hear ya MSP. I have a console Aeris 2. I bought a wrist module from ST for my backup/girlfriend. We opened the box and and started laughing. I can easily fit the strap around the largest section of my calf. :11:

She uses the 2nd hole in the strap when its on her wrist. Which means there is 8+ inches flopping around. I'll trim it after I dive it with my dry suit this weekend.

I was thinking of getting an Atmos 2, also, and when I did the demo last night, it seemed easy to use. We'll just see what dad might get.

Back
Top Bottom