Aeris computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have about 50 dives or so on the Aeris II. It has been wonderfully reliable.

Chose this over the 300G for a couple of reasons; more memory, ability to easily model (plan) the next dive, and especially because of the bigger, more intuitive display. It also turns itself on at water contact. Costs about $50 more, though.

I know the engine underneath is the same as Oceanic, but the Aeris display appears a bit more human engineered.

About the only complaint we've had is the audible alarm is anemic.

For recreational, NDL diving (with the occasional single-stop deco dive) it has been fantastic. Anything more than that and it's off to expensive computer country (Nitek, Vytec, VR3, Explorer, etc), but you'll know that when you get there.

All the best, James

I've been using a 300G for two years and I really like it's compactness and the layout of the gauges and compass. However, I think I'd rather have something different.
My complaints are: doesn't countdown automaticly for the safety stop, doesn't have seconds readout, seems slow adjusting for depth and stabilizing for temperature, audible alarm can't be heard through a cold water hood, can't view dive proflie without purchasing an expensive PC adapter, and isn't water activated.
I'll keep using it until it breaks, but won't shed a tear if something happens to it.

fdog:
About the only complaint we've had is the audible alarm is anemic.
I agree; you can barely hear the alarm over the sound of your regulator breathing!

I love my Atmos 2, but the other problem is that it graphically displays your fastest ascent rate, but doesn't tell you the average ascent rate. So if you exceed 30 fps for just a couple of feet -- e.g. while kicking up after your safety stop when your empty tanks pull you up, or you decide to fin up a few feet to look at something interesting while you're deep -- it shows an excessive ascent rate without giving you any indication as to what your average ascent rate in say the last minute was.

This might be a problem with other computers too, for all I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom