Agir-Brokk wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They look a lot alike... size... shape... even the outer material 'looks' similar.

The Agir, however, has a different inner bladder... NOT polyurethane, like the OMS.
Also, the Agir is a bit more DIR right out of the box... appropriate length corrugated hose, dump valve/string, etc.

When I compared the two... I own an Agir and my buddy has the OMS... I was surprised at how similar they were.

Stephen Ash:
They look a lot alike... size... shape... even the outer material 'looks' similar.

The Agir, however, has a different inner bladder... NOT polyurethane, like the OMS.
Also, the Agir is a bit more DIR right out of the box... appropriate length corrugated hose, dump valve/string, etc.

When I compared the two... I own an Agir and my buddy has the OMS... I was surprised at how similar they were.

Okay, you have my attention. What is the AGIR inner bladder made from? How long is the AGIR hose (my OMS is 13")?

Thanks,
Dave

Innerbladder is made of strong 420 denier “puncturesafe” cordura lifejacket fabric.
My currugated hose is 13"... sorta oblong or squeezed oval in cross section. My buddy's OMS has the 'right' size hose, but I've heard some say that they have one that is too long.

I have one come from Salvo this week.. i'll let all of you know

The Golem wings are MUCH tougher than any other wing. The outer shell is 2000 denier Cordura, it is abrasion and cut resistant. The inner bladder is made out of 650 denier PU sealed Cordura. Difficult to puncture, resistant to hydrocarbons (very popular with police and fire dive teams)
The wings were pressurized to 2600 psi during CE testing with no ill effects on the bladder.
It has high quality SS inflator mechanism and heavy duty plastic dump valve.

lof:
The Golem wings are MUCH tougher than any other wing. The outer shell is 2000 denier Cordura, it is abrasion and cut resistant. The inner bladder is made out of 650 denier PU sealed Cordura. Difficult to puncture, resistant to hydrocarbons (very popular with police and fire dive teams)
The wings were pressurized to 2600 psi during CE testing with no ill effects on the bladder.
It has high quality SS inflator mechanism and heavy duty plastic dump valve.

So, it might be the best fit to the cave and wreck divings?

What does it mean by "resistant to hydrocarbons (very popular with police and fire dive teams)"? I don't get it....

hoosier:
So, it might be the best fit to the cave and wreck divings?

What does it mean by "resistant to hydrocarbons (very popular with police and fire dive teams)"? I don't get it....

Yes it was designed to survive expedition style cave diving and penetration wreck diving.

Police and/or firemen often have to dive in liquids that are very far from "water" in composition. Normal polyuterhane bladders might suffer damage when immersed in gasoline (or other organic compounds) rich liquids.

Stephen Ash:

Do you think an AGIR inner bladder would fit in an OMS? I wouldn't mine replacing my polyurethane OMS bladder with an AGIR if it fit and Salvo would sell me one.

Thanks,
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom