An apology to Fish_Whisperer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWayne:
Since it's (a) Friday afternoon; and (b) this thread has already been hijacked; and (c) I was so bored -- err, ahead of my work schedule -- that I read the whole thing; then I'll chime in that tequila is the only liquor which takes much longer to grow the original plant (agave cactus isn't ready for 8-10 years) than it does to age the booze itself (the oldest tequila you'll ever need is no more than two or three years old).

I'd also like to claim today's prize for longest, run-on sentence.

Somehow this managed to score a 73.3 on the Flesch Readability Test. I have to work on a sentence for 0.15 to 0.20 hours just to get it over 60 and I can't come close to saying that much. (Recall higher means more readable.) I'm impressed. If you're ever in the neighborhood, I'll buy the fiirst round.

fairybasslet:
Or, you can separate the two independent clauses with a comma, provided there is a conjuction.

yawhol!

properly known as a coordinating conjuction, of which there are seven
(count them, seven) in the English langauge.

can you name all seven?

Excuse me, is this the fish bashing thread?

H2Andy:
yawhol!

properly known as a coordinating conjuction, of which there are seven
(count them, seven) in the English langauge.

can you name all seven?

Let's see

1) and
2) but
3) so
4) or
5) nor
6) because
7)

Can't think of the last. Wait, let me cheat and look on the internet:

7) yet
Google is my friend. :D