Ankle Weights!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheck33 once bubbled...
you wont believe how i wish they'd called something like DIB, Do It Better rather than DIR..........If you can do it Better it doesnt mean you were doing it Wrong previously, people are much more accepting of change that way :)

Agreed.

So...dlarbale, how did ya get into this mess anyway?

but then we have the same problem we have with DIR, doing it best sort of implies everybody else is inferior, hell i dont know what acronym to use :confused: :D

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

... oh ponderous bellied one....
would that qualify you for a trencher cert? :D
I have spent over five decades cultivating it... a veritable thing of beauty...
Seriously, it's my chest that hits first, but I couldn't resist the temptation to allude to my hydrodynamic, seal-like overall physique.
Rick :)

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I too once had a drysuit with big boots and I thought I needed ankel weights. It was uncomfortable without the ankle weights but the boots didn't come off. I eventually got a dry suit with boots that fit and I keep the air out of them.

The comment on the 95's is interesting. I know divers (cave divers with good trim and buoyancy control) who swear by them. However, this is the second time in the last couple of days that I have heard the top heavy complaint. I would like to try them.

Precisely the problem that I'm having now! My boots are way too large and are trapping a huge amount of air. I'm using ankle weights to counteract this, and it's still wrong.

I used to dive the lp95's and the balance was WAY off. I switched to 104's and it's made a huge difference. Also switched from a SS backplate to AL to put more weight lower on the plane.

sheck33 once bubbled...
but then we have the same problem we have with DIR
Sheck... you may be good at math but other things just slither right past you... I'm gonna have to either load in a bunch more winkers or just come right out and state the obvious. :D

btw: for an acronym how about:
DITTOS RUSH
*doing it to the only standard regarding ultimate scuba holistics*

:wink: :wink: :wink:

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
No thanks. I like my 104's. Let me rephrase that. I would like to try them without owning them or giving up a set of my 104's. oops...I mean 140's
Lessee... lessee... breaking out the old calculator here... teep..teep..teep.. uh, tha's one.four.zero... teep..teep..teep..teep slash.one.zero.four.. teep..teep..teep..teep..teep.. xray.two.six.four.zero.. teep .. equals... uh...
no thanks anyway...
Rick :)

I'm of the short legged tall folk variety, so I have to weight my top half just to keep my feet UP. I think my center of gravity is somewhere between my sternum and navel, so a weight belt tends to sink my stern half.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom