Another "which computer" thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have searched and read, still not finding what Im looking for. I NEED a dive computer. I think I want AI. I know I will need nitrox, tri mix, and possably more. Id like everything on my wrist including compass and pressure gauge.
Whats the best out there and why? Thanks in advance for your input!

How about brand names with those? Makes searching much easer. Thanks!

Im not finding that Scuba pro model.

You need to be very clear of the features of you need and you want. What kind of diving are you using it for? And most importantly, what kind of budget do you have for the computer?

It would be a great waste of VR3 if you just dive single tank air recreational only. Not only will the computer be half awake all the time, you'll only be using 20% of the money you put into it.

But of course, if you want to spend loads on the best tech computer, no one's stopping you. Cheers!

Ummm, I stated what I wanted, and am open to ideas. VR3? Do tell more!

Wildcard:
I have searched and read, still not finding what Im looking for. I NEED a dive computer. I think I want AI. I know I will need nitrox, tri mix, and possably more. Id like everything on my wrist including compass and pressure gauge.
Whats the best out there and why? Thanks in advance for your input!

"nitrox, tri mix, and possably more" I'm guess you want to dive any kind of gas combination, eh? - VR3, Explorer
Are you diving Heliox or any other exotic mixtures? If you are not a Tech diver... why do you dive them? But if you are a tech diver, you wouldn't be asking your very first question.

Compass. I do not know of anyone who has a wrist computer with a internal compass. It's usually a seperate compass. Tough. You'll have to get a seperate wrist-mounted compass.

Pressure Guage. Air Integration? - VR3, Suunto Vytec, Uwatec Air (many AI computers there).

It won't do tri-mix or other exotic gases...but it will do Nitrox. For my money (301 @ LDS), it can't be beat for the features it has versus price. If I lost mine today, I'd replace it with an identical one tomorrow....I like it that much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom