Anti-DIR reg instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Troll? Because they state something contrary to the DIR or donating the primary method it needs to be "yanked" off the board?

Heaven forward someone say anything about donating the primary.....

But it's Okay to talk smack about donating the octo all day long isn't it now?

Diver0001 once bubbled...

And since we're on the subject.... Phillip, I tell my kids that they can't say the don't like something (usually food) until they try it at least once. I really wish I lived closer because aside from the fact that I'd like to meet you and dive with you, I'd love the chance to turn off your air and see which of my regs you end up with in your mouth...... :)

R..

LOL, I wish we lived closer too. I just noticed you live overseas.... My father used to live in Budapest (Buda) and it's a possibility he might be moving over to England..... So you never know...We'll probably meet up sometime on some holiday.

When did regulator manuals become the ultimate source on diving technique?

Cincy... are you a chef?

pipedope once bubbled...
When did regulator manuals become the ultimate source on diving technique?

Never, that I know of.

I honestly didn't mean to start all that BS up. Just wondering about the possible motivations for putting it in a manual; found it interesting.

If you swabs can't handle that, it doesn't make me a 'troll'. A troll is someone who cares ^way^ more about what you guys argue about than I ever will.

Now git over it. Go for a dive, or something. Whatever works.

Why do reg makers tell us that only a factory trained tech in a authorized shop can do any service on a regulator?

CYA

Great use of bandwidth is to get the message out to as many spectators as possible.There will always be a FNG who trolls(the post title is enough to prove that)up stuff either for attention or just to be a wizeazz.My response to people who have passed from the state of asking valid questions to the state of being a PITA intentionally is to tell them"Don't try to outsmart the smart guy as you ain't him.Anyone who thinks octos hanging in keeper somewhere or an AIR2 are a good idea either refuses to accept that others are "smarter" and have "better" ideas or need more time at 165' on air wearing an al80 wearing Seavision masks.They suffice but are the least viable methods.Wait til I run outta air next to you,I'll pull out your dentures before I look to see where your octo is.

pipedope once bubbled...
Why do reg makers tell us that only a factory trained tech in a authorized shop can do any service on a regulator?

CYA

So they can prevent otherwise perfectly mechanically competent reg owners from doing their own service and taking a bite out of industry revenue, of course. No 'CYA' about it, AFAIK.

In the ZEAGLE instance, how would making a snyde little comment about a fairly well-accepted rescue technique ever C their A's?

Now, I'm HONESTLY just wondering. If this annoys anybody, please proceed to the next thread POST HASTE.

100days-a-year once bubbled...
Wait til I run outta air next to you, I'll pull out your dentures before I look to see where your octo is.
Out of curiosity, and only going on your statement above, let's say I am new to diving. I read that it is better to yank the regulator out of my buddy's mouth, or whoever is closest to me (yes, yes, which should be my buddy if you have buddy skills at all), irregardless of if they are on an exhale...etc.? So now we leave the person who wasn't the ding-dong to run out of air in the situation of securing the alternate? Yes I understand that if the alternate is on a necklace it is right there, however, no matter the timing involved we have one diver having an issue causing the second diver to also have an issue, involving air no less. That is quantifiable how?

I ask this not based on my personal rig-setup, so don't attack me. I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking the issue. I ask so that I will be able to add to my arsenal of info when students pose the exact same question. I'd like to widen my repertoire :D of explanation.

And thank goodness I don't wear dentures! :eek:

pipedope once bubbled...

The same reason car makers tell us that we shouldn't change our own oil.

Back
Top Bottom