Anti-DIR reg instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

>> And thank goodness I don't wear dentures! <<

Indeed. And I thank goodness for the right not to dive with anyone who would either rip out anyone's dentures, or for that matter be idiotic enough to run out of air in the first place.

doole once bubbled... So they can prevent otherwise perfectly mechanically competent reg owners from doing their own service and taking a bite out of industry revenue, of course. No 'CYA' about it, AFAIK.
I haven't seen any evidence that any equipment manufacturer gives a damn about the industry as a whole. In this case, how would Zeagle benefit from technicians doing reg overhauls? An overhaul kit is an overhaul kit, no matter who you sell it to.
doole once bubbled... In the ZEAGLE instance, how would making a snyde little comment about a fairly well-accepted rescue technique ever C their A's?
The quote I saw referred to "any emergency". Translating that to "a snyde(sic) little comment about a fairly well accepted rescue technique" would be quite a leap of faith, considering there seem to be more drownings with air remaining than OOA drownings.
doole once bubbled... Now, I'm HONESTLY just wondering. If this annoys anybody, please proceed to the next thread POST HASTE.
Not annoyed, just puzzled.

I also wonder if this means you can't dive an AIR2 with one of these regulators.

One wonders what else the Zeagle dive manual says.

cornfed once bubbled... The same reason car makers tell us that we shouldn't change our own oil.
I've never owned a vehicle with those instuctions.

You know what is it getting on my last nerve?....the people that feel that it is necessary to include DIR into every single discussion whether it is DIR or not. What the H*LL does DIR have to do with donating the reg from your mouth to an OOA diver? Nothing that I see. Instructors from some agencies have been teachng this long before DIR was even a glimer in JJ and GI3's eyes. I was taught to donate my primary reg and switch to a back up in my NAUI ow class, and I have seen several other do the same, even those that don't have the slightest clue what DIR is. Just because you may be anti-DIR or non-DIR or could give a sh$t about DIR doesn't mean that anything you see differently needs to include DIR in it. Its diving people plan and simple and we are not going to all agree and we never are and we can continue to have stupid discussions day in and day out, I mean my god it's amazing Karl hasn't jumped in on this yet and spouted off some "wisdom" on the subject for us. Bottom line is we are going to each dive how we want and with who we want and if you don't like how I do things, fine, I don't care, don't dive with me, its not like you are the only dive buddy in the world. Why can't we stop the bickering and actually discuss topics like adults and help those that come to this site to gain knowledge and not have to weed thru 10,000 posts of divers fighting that live on opposite sides of the world that will never dive together. If that's what you wanna do join rec.scuba or some other board.

doole once bubbled...
>> And thank goodness I don't wear dentures! <<

Indeed. And I thank goodness for the right not to dive with anyone who would either rip out anyone's dentures, or for that matter be idiotic enough to run out of air in the first place.

Are you serious? Although yes I do believe that there are idiots out there that run out of air, but that is not the only reason divers may need to get air from a buddy.

Wendy once bubbled...
You know what is it getting on my last nerve?....the people that feel that it is necessary to include DIR into every single discussion whether it is DIR or not. What the H*LL does DIR have to do with donating the reg from your mouth to an OOA diver? Nothing that I see. Instructors from some agencies have been teachng this long before DIR was even a glimer in JJ and GI3's eyes. I was taught to donate my primary reg and switch to a back up in my NAUI ow class, and I have seen several other do the same, even those that don't have the slightest clue what DIR is. Just because you may be anti-DIR or non-DIR or could give a sh$t about DIR doesn't mean that anything you see differently needs to include DIR in it. Its diving people plan and simple and we are not going to all agree and we never are and we can continue to have stupid discussions day in and day out, I mean my god it's amazing Karl hasn't jumped in on this yet and spouted off some "wisdom" on the subject for us. Bottom line is we are going to each dive how we want and with who we want and if you don't like how I do things, fine, I don't care, don't dive with me, its not like you are the only dive buddy in the world. Why can't we stop the bickering and actually discuss topics like adults and help those that come to this site to gain knowledge and not have to weed thru 10,000 posts of divers fighting that live on opposite sides of the world that will never dive together. If that's what you wanna do join rec.scuba or some other board.

It all goes back to my tribal mentality theory. Peoples desire to defend their tribe to the death, even in the face of insurmountable odds.

For some reason Wendy, must woman are immune to this antiquated quark of the human species. I guess woman have simple evolved faster than us men.

Fear not, one day we may catch up:)

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
But you will remain calm unlike your buddy who has possibly "yanked" the primary out of your mouth and quickly and perfectly have your backup in your mouth? Okay........

No problem..
Nope. No problem.
I'll remain just as calm as when my reg gets kicked out of my mouth by an errant fin or sea lion.
Same as if my mask gets displaced.

If my reg is kicked or grabbed out of my mouth and it is not immediately available at my right shoulder, my backup goes in without a thought while I relocate my primary.

Don Burke once bubbled...
I've never owned a vehicle with those instuctions.

That's nice. Do you see my point?

RichLockyer once bubbled...

Nope. No problem.
I'll remain just as calm as when my reg gets kicked out of my mouth by an errant fin or sea lion.

Sea lion?! Everytime one of you guys in California opens their mouth it's weirder then the last time.

Wendy once bubbled...
What the H*LL does DIR have to do with donating the reg from your mouth to an OOA diver? Nothing that I see.

You must be joking right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom