Any news about Reef Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krick

Registered
Reaction score
About 15 of my diving buddies were in Cozumel last week staying at the Reef Club. I haven't heard from any of them since before the trip.

Does anyone have information about how the Reef Club resort fared in Wilma?

Were people evacuated or did they ride out the storm at the resort?

I'm just looking for any information at this point, really.

thanks

Hi there. I've read that there was severe damage to the Reef Club. I had a couple friends staying there, they chose to head to a local friends house, but I assume that the Reef evacuated their guests inland. I'm sure they're fine.

I called the Houston office today at 2pm cst. They have no clue how bad it is at the Reef Club. They hope to find out by Fri. They are sending people down to check it out on the first flight that Continental has going there. I'm booked for 11-9 thru 12.
Lou

I got a call from Luis this afternoon. He's an Instructor at Sand Dollar at the Reef location. He said that the resort is very bad. Not destroyed but in very bad shape. It would be a miracle if our Christmas reservations will be able to be used.

I was at the Reef Club last week and they did evac us. Some went to the Dollar In and our group went to Hotel Playa Cozumel (not enough room to keep us together). We had Erica in charge of our group and what a job she did! I guess she's in her early twenties and was charged with the responsibility for 100+ people. She made all the right calls. We did have some of the typical "ugly Americans" that really pounded on her regarding our lodging and her decisions. At one point she told me everyone hated her. I told her to keep her head up, we're all still alive which is what her mission was. It's really amazing that people can get so upset about things without even acknowledging that we're in the middle of a Cat 4 hurricane. There were a few that needed to go outside and hang on to a light pole since they didn't like it where we were at. The Reef Club did a really good job of taking care of us in a bad situation. There are still some at the hotel with flights out hopefully Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom