any other agencies other than padi and naui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viper3037 once bubbled...

I recently heard a student on her open water dive course say her husband was taking the naui basic and they wern't even teaching him dive tables.
are most comfortable with.

I do agree with a lot of the comments that the instructor makes all the difference.

I'm not absolutely sure but if that NAUI instructor isn't doing tables then I believe he is in violation of NAUI standards. I'm sure one of their instructors can answer that for sure. I know in SSI we have a short session on computers and concentrate more on tables. Not everyone goes for the computer right away.

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...
I had the pleasure of diving Homestead Crater and Bonneville Seabase this summer..... Ber :bunny:
Ber you didn't let us know you were coming? It would have been nice to meet you and the new husband? :(

divevawreks:
At our shop we do almost all the agencies. We prefer SSI because of support. They are a non profit and they keep you very informed on changes, updates, and research. They have recently incorperated collage credits in their training. It was said earlier to look at the instructor. He will make the differance in your diving skills and comfort. The one thing you will find in diving, if someone is an internet diver or not comfortable in the water they will never admit it. They are usualy the first ones to point a finger.

I don't think SSI is non-profit, they are a closely held corporation but not not-profit...

rspink:
I don't think SSI is non-profit, they are a closely held corporation but not not-profit...

Just in case you are expecting a reply; you are posting to a thread that is over a year old.

DSDO,

Back
Top Bottom