Any reports of vis in Lobos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok guys next sunday in Lobos. be there, say hi.

The baby seals are adorable! Did you get any good footage?

Shy - awee, I promise we are friendly, so please stop by and introduce yourself if you see us again ;-). I'd love to say hi.

Oh I got some footage. I'm thinking about cobbling it together in to a collection of cute. I will post a link when I do.

And I will introduce myself next time I am down there.

-btw, I'm pretty sure you stood right next to us looking down at all the seals on your way out.

Oh I got some footage. I'm thinking about cobbling it together in to a collection of cute. I will post a link when I do.

And I will introduce myself next time I am down there.

-btw, I'm pretty sure you stood right next to us looking down at all the seals on your way out.

Yes we did stop to look at the seals, but darn.. we didn't meet :depressed:. Hopefully there will be a next time soon!

Look forward to your footage!

Here's our dive from yesterday. Given surface conditions and the swell, we didn't expect much. Actually left the little point and shoot in the car for the first dive. I corrected that for the second dive and took a few shots of our dive to Three Sisters.

It was really great to see everyone yesterday.

Sorry we missed you, Mike.

Last edited:
Ah, the big scooter train that passed us on our way back in :) Awesome vid Don, I'm amazed to see such clear viz down to 130--reminds me of Hawaii.

I was darned cold Yesterday too...my BT only read 50 degrees, but it felt much colder. Maybe NorCal diving is one of those situations where you can choose two of: warmth, good surface conditions, and good vis :)

Don,

Wow, it does look so clear and blue down to 130 feet. You camera does a good view of what's directly below you from your 100 foot mark.

I have heard of 2 sisters and I'd be happy just to dive and meet the first sister at 80 feet if there is one. :) Once I get better I can visit her sister and complete the dive.

I will be diving the barge next Sat with my two friends as I hope to have my drysuit back from DUI this week.

Ken,

You need to layer up just a tad more for those 48 degree missions. :) Just think about how warm your bunnies are with all that fluff, you could be just as warm and cozy if you added another layer, right? :)

Thanks for posting up the video and the great dives Don.

I didn't realize that with my newer undergarment I totally look like the Michelin man in my drysuit, but on the plus side I didn't notice the cold water that everyone is talking about.

Great to see and meet everyone.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom