Anybody have fun(and safe) pranks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec once bubbled...
Edited for content by NetDoc

or you could simply place a dead fish behind his spare tire, thats always good too

Holy crap dude!! Pranks!!!Pranks!!! I said pranks!!! The guys a buddy, not an enemy:eek:ut: !

We have an artificial lake which is very popular, even with people doing their certification dives.

At -17 metres there is an old bus, which still retains the wheel, although not much else.

Every time we take a newbie there we make him/her sit behind the wheel and honk, with someone using a subduck just out of sight, they never fail to fall into the trap!

Now that's funny!!!!

I don't know if you're friend is married or has any kids...BUt my brother in law has two kids and doesn't want anymore. So my husband calls him on the phone and is talking to him and I get on my cell phone and call the brother in law and beep in on their conversation. I disguised my voice. He totally didn't recognize who I was. I asked for his wife, I knew she wasn't home. He said she wasn't so I said "Well sir this is Nurse Smith from Shawnee Regional. We have your wife's pregnancy test results back and they are positive. Congratulations! Dr. Brenner wants her to come back in for some more tests and an ultra sound can you relay the message and have her call us for an appointment?"

There was dead silence on the other end!! I was about to crack up. Then he starts stuttering and says I gotta call my wife and hangs up on me, and he beeps back in on my husband and tells him he's gotta go call his wife and then my husband starts dying laughing and that's how we got him.
It's a cool prank on the right person!

That's good stuff too!!!

:eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut:

Save a couple weeks (or nights) worth of beer cans, get to the dive site a half hour early and spread them around your car. Have one in your hand and when he shows up and say "I thought we were supposed to meet here a couple hours ago."

My rescue class one of the DM's used a theatrical blood capsule and bit into it at about 30 feet. That always gets a huge reaction!!!

Dave

Being the halloween season, I was thinking of purchasing a full sized rubber skeleton and placing it in the wreck at the quarry I dive at....but wait..theres more...I would attached about 20 feet of fish wire to it and go diving with my buddy and yank the skeleton out at him/her.

Its not gonna happen, but if by some wild chance it does, i'll video tape it. :wink:

Hmmmm....

Here's a good one.. How about invite him out for a night dive. Then when he shows up, and is just sitting around waiting down by the lake... sneak up behind him in the woods in a "ghillie suit". And then try to keep a straight face the next day when he swears up and down that "swamp thing" or bigfoot was after him last night...:D :D

Lessee here...when we do shallow water dives, we always pull lots of pranks on each other. Typical ones include:

Removing someone's fin...pulling their weights, usually happens after someone is trying to over inflate your bcd on you...get up above them and just lightly hang onto their first stage or a tank strap and go along for the ride....a well placed crayfish can make people jump sometimes :)....get a big double handful of weeds and dump 'em on someone.....if someone ever asks you to zip up their drysuit, and you REALLY want to get them, just place a hair in the zipper. It will leave a very small gap that can leak water. Note - this is pretty mean, don't want to do it to everyone!

There are more...yup, we're all a huge group of bad, bad divers...lemme tell ya....

Oooh! I almost forgot - every seen someone snap someone's neck seal? Yeeouch....hehe.

I'd do something stupid and safe. How 'bout if it's an ocean dive, a sign on the cylinder saying "Purina Shark Chow" with a checkerboard in the corner? Told you this was stupid, but then you could take a picture of it for him.

How 'bout if it was a PNW dive hiding a rubber octopus in a bcd pocket. When your friend isn't looking, wrap it around your face then swim up fast on your buddy looking concerned! That might scare your buddy though.

I watched a pumpkin carving the other week and a guy came up wearing a warewolf mask. Pretty funny.

If it's on a boat. You may be able to talk the crew into going along with your Prank. While he's not looking hide his tanks or some other part of his gear until right before the dive. I personally wouldn't do it, I like to have my buddy in good form, not pissed off before we go dive. It would be funny though. Maybe i'm just a :cluck:

When diving in Belize, there were always many large groupers. I quaranteed my husband that he would see a "groper" on every dive (misspelling intentional). As we were the only divers on the boat wearing full wet suits, instead of shorties, it was always easy to spot him in the crowd, and "grope" him during the dive. But one dive company rented everybody full suits. Just as I had my hand out about to grope a rear end, I noticed it was NOT my husband! Thank goodness! I don't know who would have been more surprised!

Anyhow, be very careful with pranks under water. I especially do not find pranks that involve harming any creatures to be funny. My brother thinks it's funny to drop sea cucumbers in my face when we dive. I think it's just mean for the sea cucumbers.

Just grapping someone's leg seems to be very startling. Although this may seem harmless, I wonder if it could end up being like the boy who cried wolf. If you always fool around this way, maybe an emergency will be missed when you really need to grab your buddy's attention. Things can go wrong very quickly under water.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Diving and pranks don't mix. My buddy can count on me not to pull any pranks. Vise versa.

Trust is a precious and necessary ingredient for a tight buddy team; hard earned and easily destroyed.

Why blow it being a stewpidhead.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please... BUT, didn't you post a while back that you do indeed shut off your buddies air without him knowing it as a drill? Might have been someone else, but I know I read it here and could swear it was you. :wink:

Naughty! :nono:

Just giving you some crap, you know you need more of that. Maybe it was Yooper, who knows...?

out of air drills aren't pranks... they're drills, and I seriously doubt he'd try that on anyone who wasn't prepared for the possibility.

I've got a hell of a good harmless prank though, especially for wreck divers or treasure hunters:

Go to the local 5 and 10, and pick up a bag of gold foil wrapped chocolate coins. Arrange for your buddy to find them scattered on the bottom, and when he or she shows you one after the dive, unwrap it and take a bite. The look on your buddy's face will be truely priceless. It works best if you can prep them early with a story (especially good if told by the boat captain, divemaster, or other reputable accomplice) about a diver who found a gold coin worth over a thousand dollars at the site a few weeks ago.

Don't forget your camera.

Back
Top Bottom