Anybody have fun(and safe) pranks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you guys haven't mentioned the ping pong balls or tennis balls in the pocket for deep dives

Hallmac

... head to the head?
try putting clingfilm/cellophane over the toilet bowl, but under the seat, and then close the lid.

I did this on one trip I was leading on a boat in Phuket.
The boat had a load of up-for-anything US Marines on board and 90% found it hilarious.
The one guy who "spat out the dummy" was the biggest human being I had ever seen. So they all ganged up on him and threw him overboard ... while the boat was moving ....
oh boy <shakes head>

While on a dive trip in Barbados the dive master was making fun of my dive buddies bright pink weight belt. He asked my buddy if he was wearing his wifes weights and asked what she was using for weight. The ribbing went on for the whole trip. A couple of weeks later on another trip, I pulled the Captain aside and asked him to make fun of my buddy's weight belt. About a half hour later as we were getting ready for the dive the Captain started to make fun of my buddy's weight belt and in a thick accent said "You wear your wifes weights, No?" The look on my buddy's face was classic, he could not belive that he was being made fun of again and in the same way. I think the look on his face might have been even funnier once he realized I had put the Captain up to it. I still get a good laugh every time I think about it.

Raw bacon in your buddy's shoes or booties is always good for a laugh.

If you duck tape (black works best) a short piece of broom handle or a stick to someones car tire it feels like a flat. Just put it across the tread and on the passenger side. I once watched a guy get out of and walk around his car 3 times before he found the problem. It was good payback for him always turning my fan and radio up all the way when I left my car unlocked. Just don't do this one on a dirt road or they might not feel it and stop before it falls off.

Take a black grease pencil and rub it around your buddy's mask along the skirt. This only works with a black mask. After the dive they will have a very noticable mask ring.

This one comes second hand. While doing some salvage work in Florida a friend brought along a positively bouyant candy bar. As the relief divers started heading down the descent line my friend dropped his shorts and let the candy bar float up the line, all four of the down bound divers spread out from the line and let the object float by.
:flusher:

instead of a fish in the car. go to your local bait shop and put a pail of cricketts in his car, not only will the chirping get to him but
you know what happens after a few days when they sit in the hot sun!!!

trust me, never let him no you did it!!

what happen to the cricket after a few days in the hot sun?

anyway...i know a good joke. you can pull the Warhammer Manuver in front of your buddies. that'll surely get them.

Whether on April 1st or any other time: This sort of clowning while diving is unwelcome and spoils the enjoyment. It distracts and could have serious consequences. I had a bout of it on a holiday in the Isles of Scilly off Cornwall (UK), and I nearly quit out and took the next transport to the mainland and home: in the end a stiff letter to the diving center's management stopped it. Practical jokes are too familiar in the Army, and they are liable to escalate until in the end there is violence.

Practical jokes often haver a third-party involved:-

If public see adult scuba divers behaving silly with a lot of stupid schoolboy clowning about, it may help to lead to public feeling against scuba divers and the opinion that diving should be only for work and the armed forces and not for pleasure.

Even the silly petty habit of telling people to phone Mt.C.Lion or whoever and the number is the Zoo: is not welcome: on 1st April the switchboard staff at zoos have a very difficult time handling thousands of these incoming junk calls on top of their proper business and blocking their lines so people can't make proper calls in or out, such as one year when 1st April was Easter and the zoos were busy with visitors.

hmmm..... You might have to wait another 16 years to do this one, but its SO worth it. Last year there was this AP Stat teacher that failed more than half of his class, and they really weren't that happy about going to summer/twilight school. So this was around June of last year after finals, and especially when the cidadas were out. They were EVERYWHERE around our 90+ year old school building. EVERYWHERE. So the kids I know that were in this class collected two trash bags worth of live cicadas and the shells and put them in his class after he had left for the day. There were cicadas EVERYWHERE in his room. They ate up all of his plants and were all over his desks. Not only was the sound deafening, but it took A LOT of work for him to get them all out. It was something I will never forget.

Another prank from my high-school career (which is pretty much over.): A teacher failed a kid, and he put only about three tablespoons of milk (that's really all it takes) in his car under his seat. The teacher had no idea where the smell was coming from, and he never figured out. All he really had to do was take out the mat and wash it, but he didn't know that. Now his car has COMPLETELY new interior.

Moral of the story: Teachers, beware of the students you have just failed. ESPECIALLY the creative ones.

I did this one to a guy at work.

Take a can of shaving cream (NOT THE GEL) put it in the freezer at your house overnight.

Next day take it out take it to work or where ever you need to use it, and turn it upside down, take a can opener and open the bottom like a can of soup and throw away the bottom.

The cream will be frozen, now put it in your targets desk drawer for an hour before they get there, the cream will thaw out and it will expand 20-50 times its original size, filling a drawer with a whole can of shaving cream.

Making a great show for everyone watching him/her open the drawer and trying to figure out how it all got in there.

We had just finished training some new dive team members at a local quarry. Everyone had put away their gear when someone noticed our bouy and downline was still tied to an eyebolt on a 35' platform that we had forgotten to remove. Nobody felt like gearing up to go untie and retrieve the equipment. I asked for a volunteer but none were forthcoming. I explained that it could be done with only snorkling gear. Still no takers.
I snorkled out to the bouy downline and pulled myself down to the platform. Each corner of the platform was suspended from the bottom by several upside-down 5 gallon bucket full of air. I put my snorkel into the airpocket in the buckets and breathed, being careful not to let any air escape upwards. I breathed in this manner, switching from bucket to bucket until approx. ten minutes had passed. Sure enough, here came the cavalry, with scuba gear on, to recover my body. I saw their approach and was able to time it so they were able to see me as I untied the knot and rose to the surface, exhaling all the way up. I told them since I had untied the bouy, they could pull it in. Of course I was dried off and clothed while they were breaking down their gear. I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to try it again some time.
(Note: if you try this be aware that you can get expansion injuries as you are breathing compresses air. At the depth I was at the air in my lungs would have doubled if I had not exhaled on my ascent. Also helps to add fresh air in the buckets prior to attempting this stunt so you know what gas you are breathing.)

Back
Top Bottom