Anyone Been?New lake in Weatherford -- Twin Vee Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is_907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twin-Vee-Key-LLC/785497018194892

Someone on a Facebook group for North Texas divers mentioned going out there yesterday. Looks like they're in kind of a soft-open stage where you can come out and dive but they don't have all the amenities up yet. (No air fills, no shade near the water, etc... yet.)

Looks like it might be a good place eventually, though. They've sunk a couple boats, two school buses, and a couple platforms.

I really like that it's only about a 55 minute drive from my house!

Anyone been out there yet? Know any details on when they'll be "fully operational" etc?

I have not, but it is certainly on the list for me as well as it is only 40 mins from my house. That trumps the 1hr 30 min drive I make to Clear Springs or Lake Murray any day.

I keep checking FB myself, waiting for the opening. I did notice that the owner keeps telling people to call him when asked about the opening. I'm currently out of the area, but when I return in a few weeks, if they have not opened officially, I will be calling. :)

I am 4 miles from this place. I dove it yesterday and it was descent. 20' deep with about 8-10' vis. They are still waiting for it to fill up. He had a AOW group out there doing search and recovery.

Sent from my iPoo using Tapatalk.

I am 4 miles from this place. I dove it yesterday and it was descent. 20' deep with about 8-10' vis. They are still waiting for it to fill up. He had a AOW group out there doing search and recovery.

Cool. Any idea if they plan to run a compressor and do fills? It's about 55 mins from my home shop (Aqua Trek) whereas CSSP is 90 or 100 minutes easily.

If it gets a good bit deeper that'd be nice.

Projected depth when lake is full is 60 feet, but that could be a year or two out. Yes he will shaded parking, showers, restrooms, places to camp and air fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom