AOW referal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2fishfork:
I will be in Cozumel in February and would like to complete my Advance Open Water training through SSI. Is it possible to complete my classroom training in the states and bring a referal like I did with my Open Water or would it be easier to just do it all in Coz?

I already have SSI Nitrox, will this count toward my training?

Can anyone recommend a dive op who does SSI?

SSI allows us to give credit for dives done with a different professional. Check with your dive center and instructor. You SHOULD be able to take the course, do the dives in Coz, have the DM sign your book and your shop accept those as dives done. No referral is needed. Unless of course you have a shop that is going to quote some bull malarky about they have to be there. If the do, pm me, I'd like to hear about it and offer some more advice.

Check with the operator where you are going. My wife is doing her AOW when we are in Curocao in March. She purchased her manual at our LDS here in town and the operator in Curocao is crediting her the cost of the manual off her AOW down there. This way she gets the "homework" done before hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom